Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Idle screw

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 03:58 AM
forewheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle screw

Well, the other day I noticed my carb was way to the right where it wasn't lined up with the hole if that makes any scence. Anyways, I finally realized my idle screw was gone, and was preety suprised my xxxnt has been idling at all. Will running the car like this damage the engine in any way? Should I wait until the screw comes in? Thanks for the help.[&:]
Old 04-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Snipin_Willy

Default RE: Idle screw

I pretty sure all the idle screw does is limit how much the carb is allowed to close. Personally, I'd wait, I wouldn't want dirt and grit getting in the hole where the screw goes. Hope you ordered the spring with the screw also.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:34 PM
brownstone101

look at the bottom of my post above the RC10 thing
it can be done using the linkages to maintain the gap i would wait but if you must get something to cover the hole up
Old 04-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Skullbasher

ORIGINAL: Snipin_Willy

I pretty sure all the idle screw does is limit how much the carb is allowed to close. Personally, I'd wait, I wouldn't want dirt and grit getting in the hole where the screw goes. Hope you ordered the spring with the screw also.
Exactly, it technically wouldn't hurt anything, as long as your car still runs. Although if dirt gets in there, it could eventually find its way to the engine. Not to mention getting dirty threads for your carb needle.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:13 PM
brownstone101

ya if he covered the hole up with something that wont melt to it he is fine, but i would wait why would you need to drive your car any way unless he is racing he can waite
Old 04-23-2005, 09:25 PM
forewheeler

ORIGINAL: Snipin_Willy

Yep I did, for some reason its taking a long time to get here. Normally when I get things from Horizon it takes about 2 days, It's now been a week....