Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM
danny70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

What I want to know is how to slow this thing down.lol I just installed a 3.3 and a cop clocked it at 71mph man I love this thing.
The jato is my favorate truck. I would trade off my VXL ruslter and my t-maxx for another one. What would be a good hop up to go with any idea's
Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 PM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: danny70

What I want to know is how to slow this thing down.lol I just installed a 3.3 and a cop clocked it at 71mph man I love this thing.
The jato is my favorate truck. I would trade off my VXL ruslter and my t-maxx for another one. What would be a good hop up to go with any idea's

So you were clocked at 71 you say? Is it a stock 3.3 and what gearing are you running? I find it hard 2 believe. Right now forbs has the record at 71mph with all kinds of mods great tuning weight reduction and different gearing. I would really have 2 see a video of ur claim. I dont see u breaking 60 . I got a stage 2 modded 3.3 and I think Im prolly touching 60 or maybe just over dont really know cuz I dont have a gun yet. And thats in cold weather and an OK tune.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
phoenix15477

I have a question for a buddy of mine. Does anyone make an aluminum trans case for the Jato? If so, who makes them?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
danny70

Well I not sure who forbs is but the cops radar said 71mph I personally dont have a radar gun, and I aquired the jato off a buddy of mine. And I put the 3.3 in the jato. I do know the web site says 65+mph http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...trx_jato33.htm. I know the spur gear is a 56, not sure what the pinion is. I will look tomorrow and find out for ya. Listen I've been playing with r/c for about 30 years; one of my first r/c's was a traxxas bullet and I had it cruzing about 45mph with a turbo 05 electric airplane motor. I 'm not completely sure why the trucks going that fast but thats what the cops gun said.

Oh also I just found this. Ck it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjwz...ext=1&index=18
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
ajk2649

Well I not sure who forbs is but the cops radar said 71mph I personally dont have a radar gun, and I aquired the jato off a buddy of mine. And I put the 3.3 in the jato. I do know the web site says 65+mph http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...trx_jato33.htm. I know the spur gear is a 56, not sure what the pinion is. I will look tomorrow and find out for ya. Listen I've been playing with r/c for about 30 years; one of my first r/c's was a traxxas bullet and I had it cruzing about 45mph with a turbo 05 electric airplane motor. I 'm not completely sure why the trucks going that fast but thats what the cops gun said.

Thats just hard 2 believe. wish I could see some video. But I know 4 sure a stock jato will never hit 71. maybe if you were going down a steep hill or something. Its just not geared for it and I really dont think a stock 3.3 will reach high enough RPM. I guess you never know tho. I dont really know ya so I cant say 4 sure but if you are congrats man thats sick.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:23 PM
danny70

Hey I also dont have any alum on my jato and it pretty lite. I'll try to get some vids of it. And I'll try to take some pics of it tomorrow. all I know is its fast and it fun.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
jayvr6

Does anybody know were to find 2.8 speedy beadlock wheels .I can't find them and when I did they are sold out
Old 03-10-2009, 12:01 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh also I just found this. Ck it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjwz...ext=1&index=18
Well that YouTube video you got is Forbs Jato hitting 71 mph
Old 03-10-2009, 12:19 PM
marionette1975

thanks for that aj but im really just looking for some kind of hub/c hub/spindle bits to convert the front end so i could use 4wd wheels. or some kind of wheel adapter to fit the front stock spindles
Old 03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Well that YouTube video you got is Forbs Jato hitting 71 mph

Yeah thank you quietnas1. That is the exact guy I was telling you about that holds the record right now. You know its cool that your jato has no alum but it takes a lot more then that 2 reach speeds like that. If you come on this or any forum 4 awhile u will know that w/out vid it means nothing. If you really are hitting 71 then thats sick and nice job. Just 2 let u know forbs.....I will be trying 2 beat that record tho. Im working on it and like always playing the waiting game for parts cuz my LHS suck and more so has aero kinda stuff. Ill be sure 2 have vids tho lol.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: marionette1975

thanks for that aj but im really just looking for some kind of hub/c hub/spindle bits to convert the front end so i could use 4wd wheels. or some kind of wheel adapter to fit the front stock spindles

Oh ok man sorry guess I didnt understand what you where talkin about. well that I am not 2 sure about. cant you just get some off road tires adn put them on the front and be fine with that? If its not gonna be 4wd it shouldnt matter. I may still not be understanding exactly what u mean. Hope I can help.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
danny70

Yes I no that is the guy forbs you were taking about I went to youtube and found it . But is that really the record. It just seems that another 5 to 6 mph out of the jato shouldnt be that hard to hit. Is traxxas right went they say 65+mph? The cops radar really did say that but I understand proof is what everybody needs. See I havnt been running nitro really alot yet and still learning I raced oval eletric for a while professionally and I under stand nitro is a whole diff ball game. The cop sits on our road every once and a while I'll see if I can catch him and get some vids.

Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nbV...eature=related
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
ajk2649

Yeah that guy is another great modder he is also on this forum name is over_revo I believe. He has all kinds of great vids. He also holds some records for speed. I think he has the revo speed record at the moment at 68mph I think. Dont quote me on that but I think thats what it is. U can find them on youtube.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
marionette1975

No probs there AJ. all this is for a rc4wd desert storm rail project (http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=816)
and the plan is to use sand paddles and razor fronts for the beach and road wheels.. you get the idea. but there's limited choice with 2wd wheels so wanted something that would fit the jato front lower arms.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

guys i have a heavy understeer on my jato 3.3, any suggestions on what should i make?? everything is stock eccept the position of the shocks and i am using the black swaybar on the firmest position, do you have any tip?? here is my set up:

Thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59409.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1166192   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45203.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1166193  
Old 03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

guys i have a heavy understeer on my jato 3.3, any suggestions on what should i make?? everything is stock eccept the position of the shocks and i am using the black swaybar on the firmest position, do you have any tip?? here is my set up:

Thanks for any help

When you say understeer I am guessing you mean it has an extreamly wide turn radius and overalll weak steering? Are you trying 2 steer hard at high speeds? If so, Keep in mind if you are on the throttle really hard at high speeds, the front wheels have very little contact with the ground at the point because of the front end slightly lifting with acceleration and steering is poor when trying 2 turn hard. Make sure you have a fully charged reciever battery. I know that sounds obvious but you never know. Also, did the problem start after you changed the position of your shocks? If so that could be the problem. Most likely it wouldnt be that because I have also changed my shock position and have had no problems. It is also very possible your steering servo has stripped gears or is slowly going out. Either way it would need 2 be replaced.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
quietnas1

I agree with ajk2649. The only other things i would recomend that helped me a little was using the mid mounting positions for the battery. That helps take some weight off the back helping the front tires stay planted a little more on acceleration. Also try using a higher weight shock oil in the back. It helps the rear end squat a little less. But for the most part it is hard to get a tight turn while you are accelerating. Try getting off the throttle when going into your turns. The shock position should have nothing to do with it. I have moved my shocks in every position possible. Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:48 PM
supastar1568

Hey all,

I'm thinking of ordering a Jato 3.3 tomorrow. Just curious if there is anything else I should order with it, and also tips for the first starts. I currently have a Duratrax Piranha 6-cell 2000mAh battery, and a lower-end 1500 mAh battery that I plan on using for the starter. Hopefully these will be at least sufficient (especially for the tight-fit break in).

To charge, I will also be ordering a Hobbico 850 AC/DC charger for the easy start.

I have fuel, AA batteries, and the other necessary items.

Anything else I should be aware of? I'm hoping the 6 cell batteries I have now will be good enough for the starts.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM
RC-Captain

ORIGINAL: supastar1568

Hey all,

I'm thinking of ordering a Jato 3.3 tomorrow. Just curious if there is anything else I should order with it, and also tips for the first starts. I currently have a Duratrax Piranha 6-cell 2000mAh battery, and a lower-end 1500 mAh battery that I plan on using for the starter. Hopefully these will be at least sufficient (especially for the tight-fit break in).

To charge, I will also be ordering a Hobbico 850 AC/DC charger for the easy start.

I have fuel, AA batteries, and the other necessary items.

Anything else I should be aware of? I'm hoping the 6 cell batteries I have now will be good enough for the starts.

Thanks for the tips!

the rechargable NiMh battery is a must if you are going to run off road. The harness they give you for the AA batteries gets dirty if running off road and acts as if your power switch went bad. Also if you plan on running off road get the off road tires. I have everything available for $200.00 if you are interested.

CAP
Old 07-10-2009, 11:04 PM
supersiz86

Hey, i have a jato 3.3 and my EZ start is taking a crap on me, and i want to put a pull start on it. what all do i need to put a pull start on it, do i have to change the crank or buy anything special for it. thanks , steve
Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 AM
DS

Just traded my emaxx for a jato cant wait Just curious though would this fit in the jato?http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=OSMG2091
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 AM
DS

ORIGINAL: supersiz86

Hey, i have a jato 3.3 and my EZ start is taking a crap on me, and i want to put a pull start on it. what all do i need to put a pull start on it, do i have to change the crank or buy anything special for it. thanks , steve
Buy the pullstart!!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
quietnas1

Yeah just buy the pull start for the 3.3. Its a direct bolt in and you don't need nothing special.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:34 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: KyInferno_Kidd

Just traded my emaxx for a jato cant wait Just curious though would this fit in the jato?http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=OSMG2091
a decision i think you will regret, wish i would have know i would rather have an e-maxx than my jato, i would have traded plus some cash just to get rid of the pile
Old 07-11-2009, 03:28 PM
DS

haha for real why??? I didnt fine electric to intresting or fun[&o] Jato looks killer[>:] Anyone know if that four stroke OS 26 will work in the jato?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.