Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:58 PM
outwheelin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -Official Traxxas JATO Thread-

ORIGINAL: R_man_5k

ORIGINAL: Os powerd Jato

Jezz R_man your in EVERY other post!
yeah... sorry about that... it is just for a while this thread was dead so I am always trying to keep it going...
Plus there are lots of new guys.. and I don't mind answering there questions... like some people do...

I'm glad your on here r_man. you have answered my many questions, (and others too), and helped me a lot.
Keep up the good work!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:45 PM
t-maxx123

hey, r-man, when you said tha kit for the bigger wheel is it this one [link=http://www.maximizerproducts.com/maxstore/stores/1/Nitro_Stampede_Adaptor_Kit_P80C8.cfm]click[/link] or this one[link=http://www.maximizerproducts.com/maxstore/stores/1/1_8_Scale_to_Maxx_Adaptor_Kit_P81C8.cfm]click[/link]

you said its under stampede so im guessing its the first one, but just checking to make sure before i order. also, did having larger tires on give it better handling off-road or did you not try it. cause im thinking it will make my tires last longer.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

It is the first one.

I have not done enough testing to say 100%.... I still need to buy RPM Stable Maxx rims or some other off set rim... I only had the standard maxx rims and it needs to be wider...

I will tell you this. I could not keep the front end down. I have the 3.3 and with my normal 2.2 rims it wheelies a lot... but with the maxx rims on there... I would be on the driveway and when I hit the grass it would wheelie and flip over... and it was not from the grass not being level with the concrete... i could just be driving in the grass and punch it and it would stand straight up!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
t-maxx123

so your pretty much saying bigger tires=more torque i guess, that what i would think atleast. is there less wheel spin with the larger tires, does it get more clearenss, and does it make the jato more top heavy and flip much easier. im just wondering because if its going to flip easily that would be a major setback.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:20 PM
R_man_5k

it did flip easy out on the street...I think partly because it had so much more grip with the wider tires. that is why I say get the wider off set rims they will help. there was a bit extra ground clerance, but not much because I had on the Panther LP tires. If you put on normal maxx tires you will need to re-gear.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:27 PM
t-maxx123

what size clutch bell and spur would you recommend, im thinking a 58 tooth spur and a 16 tooth bell, would this work ok?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
t-maxx123

ok, im hating to ask all these questions but what would you recommend, large maxx tires or a set of panthers. i would hate to regear the truck now that i think of it because i wanna get a pair of tires that i can use on street and switch back to the old tires without having to change clutch and spur to get great performance.

o yea, im mostly going to be riding street and my friends motocross track (its more of an r/c track with small rhythm and small double and table with large berms) and those panther look like they would hook up well on a variety of soils.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:37 PM
R_man_5k

I have not put on bigger tires so I can not say for sure on the gearing...

I love the Panther LP tires myself. They have always been great on my Maxx trucks.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:38 AM
bone.goodson

well here are my pics i had a hard time finding the uper chassie in stock wish, i could find one in aluminum as well as the front bulk head anyone knows where give a link please. nasty crash im still pissed at him and no it didnt touch his savage it even shut my truck off. man ok i dont want to talk about it........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27001.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	459738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21569.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	459739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62565.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	459740  
Old 05-11-2006, 01:32 PM
t-maxx123

man, that pretty bad, i wasnt exspecting the front wheels to be like that. yea there was no ways you coulda fixed that with out making a new part. any ways, i think ebay might have a front bulk but i dont know about the top chassis.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:34 PM
t-maxx123

ok, i couldnt find anything about either, so i guess you'll have to wait awhile and see if something pops up.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:23 PM
t-maxx123

r-man, do you thihnk i could put the hellfire tires on my truck without any adaptor set, it i do need an adaptor set would that one for the pede i posted earlier work? they are 17 mm so im guessing that ill need th adaptor kit.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:26 PM
R_man_5k

there is no kit to put 17mm hex rims on a Jato or any other ST that I know of. The kit that maximizer has for the Stampede (and can be used on other Traxxas ST) is to put on Maxx offset 14mm hex rims.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Redrkt

t-maxx123 here is a good place to get all the stuff you need for your jato. I know because I just replaced the top plate and the chassis plate and got them both from him.

[link=http://stores.ebay.com/Shum4-R-C]Jato Parts[/link]
Old 05-12-2006, 03:49 PM
dprocca99

why are jatos so freakin hard to sell, hop ups, and still cant get any offers
Old 05-13-2006, 06:51 AM
bone.goodson

i have a question for you dudes will a ruslter or stampede rims fir our jatos, with out a conversion kit? and where can i get this kit?
Old 05-13-2006, 07:58 AM
R_man_5k

dprocca99 - where are you trying to sell it?

bone.goodson - You want to use Nitro Rustler rims. You can either get washers and grub screws to make the fit perfect or go with the kit www.Rc-parts.com has. IMO it is the best.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:50 AM
bone.goodson

yah i ended up there after it was all said bought some rims wile i was at that smacked about 80 bucks on me dam im getting adicted to buying shi* for this truck , i need to find an aluminum bulk head not alot of stuff has come out for this truck yet, but ill be waiting.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Revten

man tower cant keep those traxxas pipes in stock, anyone here run the cvec pipe?

bone i can relate to this addiction, i have to fight myself to stay off ebay,how do the aluminum wheels hold up to bad pavement rollovers, would kinda suck if they bent and im always rolling over my jato at rediculous speeds.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:23 PM
R_man_5k

I have been running RC-parts.com rims for over three years or so... They hold up great. My 1st set I got for them ... for my Rustler... are still good. They are very easy to clean and you can just shine them back up...
I am up to three sets of rims from them... and I am sure I will have another one or two soon... hehe....
Old 05-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Revten

yeah, guy thats another site for me to stay from i dont blame u haha almost bought roadrunners. i got to pace myself cuz all my other rcs keep breaking....

what fuels u guys run? i switched from top to monster fuel and the jato seems to like it better , seems better all around as i kicked the sh! t out of a saturn yesterday on a 40 mph road. he had a head start and gunned it , i past him b4 i hit 2nd haha then pulled away some, then i had to crash into the shoulder to avoid oncoming traffic, i dont care what anyone says i gotta be hitting 55 with this thing.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:17 AM
jpep

I asked this question somewhere else I knew I should have asked it here.

Is anyone in here running the Agitator rims on their Jato? Is there any difference between the front and the rear, Tower hobbies is out of the rear but both seem to have the same measurements so I was wondering if I could get 2 pairs of the front ones. Please let me know ASAP my parts order is on hold until I figure it out. Thanks
Old 05-16-2006, 04:03 PM
outwheelin

The front rims will NOT work on the back. The rear rims have the hex hub and the front do not.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Weiser

ouch!!!

I clipped a concrete curb turning last weekend and broke my left front (red) turnbuckle and suspension arm...
I thought that was bad but you sure know how to break things good...LOL
Replaced with all new RPM arms (black) and new rims and tires...she is ready for this weekend...

The jato is one tough truck but something is bound to break when you hit a non-moving object @ about 40mph..

Enjoy!!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:31 AM
bone.goodson

so what other kind of wicked wrecks do we have out there? anyone got any pics? i couldnt help but to put the 3.3 on today but im still waiting for the front bulk to come in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.