RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Let it all out tonight!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Swoose
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let it all out tonight!!!!!!!!

I recently just pruchased a Traxxas Nitro Stampede and have been taking it easy breaking it in. Well, I got it tuned and decided to see what it would do. This is the first nitro truck I have owned and I have just started into trucks. So I am learning as I go along. Anyhow I took my truck out and found a nice open gravel lot and had the best time I have had in a long time. I had more fun in and hour of ripin' around poping wheelies, jumping, spinning donuts, and just plain old horsing around than I had in 2 years of flying planes. I had absolutly no worries of crashing and breaking anything. All in all it was a blast. Can't wiat until tommorow to do it all over again .

I am so glad I decided to get a nitro tuck instead of just sticking with electrics.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:55 AM
Skullbasher

Default RE: Let it all out tonight!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you might be converting from Electric. Only time I drive my electric rusty anymore is when my nitro isn't running. And when I say not running, I mean can't move by itself.
Hope you have a good time with your Pede.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:09 AM
XDD

Yeah, I am a big nitro fan. It's a driving experience that is hard to beat. I don't like 1/10 electrics but I got an RC18MT and I love it as much as my nitro trucks.

I had a Nitro Stampede, and it was a VERY fun vehicle. However, I sold mine for a couple reasons. For one thing, there is no real support for it, forum-wise. All of them are dead, but thats not the big issue.

I recommend you keep at least two spare spur gears on you at all times (which is a good idea for any vehicle, really). The design of it gives it a lot of ground clearance, but it also causes problems. Because the rear end is below the chassis, if you break a ladder brace, it immediately creates extra flex, and you WILL break a spur. What makes this worse, is to replace a spur, you have to completely remove the rear assembly because the chassis is in the way.

Despite this, it is a great truck and I had a ton of fun with it. I didn't have any really problems until I modded the suspension to be 2 1/4 inches wider, then spurs were giving me problems. I think the extra leverage from the longer arms caused unwanted flex.

Anyway, just keep it stock width, and don't try anything too crazy (like jumping 10 feet in the air, unless you can land perfect every time) and you will have a rock solid reliable truck. The bright side is that the drivetrain itself is VERY strong and you won't have any problems from that. Most of all, have fun. If I could do it over, I wouldn't have messed with the suspension, and I would probably still own it to this day.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Swoose

Went through 4 more tanks of fuel tonight and again had a blast. Found a construction site that had piles of gravel and some fun terain to play in. It was fun doing High speed passes, then spinning out doing donuts. Also had some fun jumps.

I do have some extra spur gears as well as a bunch of extra spare parts that i was given when I bought the truck. He also gave me a bottle of after run. Should I put some in it after everytime I run the truck or just when it will be a few days until I will be doing so?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Skullbasher

Just when it is gonna sit for a few days or more. Some people do it after every run, but it really isn't necessary. One thing I do when I'm done for the day is empty my fuel tank, run the engine at idle until it shuts off. Then keep running it until it no longer starts. I do after every day of running, and before applying after-run oil.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

congrats on the nitro pede-those suckers are a BLAST.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:59 PM
yoster

ORIGINAL: Skullbasher

Just when it is gonna sit for a few days or more. Some people do it after every run, but it really isn't necessary. One thing I do when I'm done for the day is empty my fuel tank, run the engine at idle until it shuts off. Then keep running it until it no longer starts. I do after every day of running, and before applying after-run oil.
I use the Blue Thunder Final Run. Love the stuff, works great.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:07 PM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

cool, now if you want some really fun stuff get a savage
Old 06-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Swoose

ORIGINAL: savageman90

cool, now if you want some really fun stuff get a savage

Yep- That is what I am looking at for my next Truck. After going and watching a few races I am now hooked. It looks like tons of fun and I have met a great bunch of guys at the two local tracks. The Savage looks like a monster compared to my Stampede. I am quickly learning the Pede is great for gravel parking lots and some small hill but nothing to wild. Which is fine for me since I am just learning and getting a feel for the truck. One thing I have found is there is no warning when your getting close to running out of fuel. It just dies- After pulling, trying to get it started for five minute I now check the tank if it dies.

The one thing I wish was that I had someone close to me that has experience with nitro motors. I need to learn the fine art of tuning the motor. I stupidly messed with one of the settings after having it tuned and now I am not sure if it where it is supposed to be set.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

i had a preety good electrick but sense that new nt 1 and my t-maxx came along well... see for your self

Old 06-29-2005, 11:32 PM
DaytonaTurbo87

if you ever screw up the settings, just look in your manual or look online and set everything back to factory specs.