RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

os .12 for max st

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 09:25 PM
aznhustlerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os .12 for max st

well ive decided to upgrade my engine in case i cant sell my max st. im getting this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...983936480&rd=1

do i need to do anything else to my car? like something in the transmission?.....all i gotta do is unhook the throttle servo thingy and swap out the engines right?...easy?[]
Old 06-29-2005, 10:31 PM
RC Prodigy

Default RE: os .12 for max st

3 things

1. That's not a pullstart engine
2. Used engines are a bad idea
3. You have to do more than unhook the throttle, and you also have to break the engine in.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:13 PM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

yah, and plus i would get a o.s. .18.... but you would probally fry the diff and all that good stuff, i would say o.s. .15, i had a o.s. .12 in my evader and it was weak.... well i just didn't have good bottom end power
Old 06-30-2005, 09:44 PM
jkulhanek

Can i ask why the heck you bid so early on it? All that does is make you pay more for it...

I only bid for something in the last 20 seconds or less of the auction.

And be careful with ebay engines...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:49 PM
RC Prodigy

ORIGINAL: savageman90

yah, and plus i would get a o.s. .18.... but you would probally fry the diff and all that good stuff, i would say o.s. .15, i had a o.s. .12 in my evader and it was weak.... well i just didn't have good bottom end power
Which .12 was that? If it was the .12 CV-R(x) then you obviously had some issues with your engine because the cv-r makes more than ample power for any stadium truck.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
DaytonaTurbo87

#1) I'd have upped to the .12, better too have too much power that not enough
#2) Never ever buy a used engine.
#3) Stay away from ebay engines, unless they are new, even then be careful. When they say 'has lots of compression' that's often bull. Why are they selling a perfectly good engine then? Prolly because it's shot and they want to sell it for money to put toward a new engine. Lol, and it's funny, every used engine on ebay always says, 'has about one gallon of odonnel run through it', lol, every used engine, one gallon, lol. Say you buy it, okay you may be in luck and get a decent engine, but any used engine is gonna be further along in it's life than a new one. Any nitro engine is only gonna last for so long, so a used engine may have 25-75% of it's life left, or it may be shot all together. Cause if you pay $30 for an engine that needs a new piston/sleeve, you might as well have bought new. I have bought engines on ebay, I know how it is, trust me.