Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Engine "static"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:42 AM
RC Prodigy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine "static"?

Hey guys, this is a question about my O.S. .18 CV-RX. The noise I'm hearing at WOT and high speeds can only be described as "static" or "surging". My guess is that it is caused by bubbles in the fuel line that get in near the end of a tank.

About 5 years ago, I was told that if the engine surges when air bubbles hit the engine that
means the engine is properly tuned, is this correct?

And while I'm at it, I'll ask this question too, can I over rev the engine by going as fast as I can on pavement with sufficient traction? I have the O.S. .18 in an X-Cellerator with stock gearing. Im getting temps of about 230-250
Old 07-01-2005, 12:02 PM
yoster

Default RE: Engine "static"?

Dont worry about over-revving. If its on the ground running with stock or larger tires, and your temps are reasonable, your not gonna over-rev.

As for surging, thats usually a sign of your LSN needing adjustment... tho there still shouldnt be bubbles in the fuel line.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
RC Prodigy

Default RE: Engine "static"?

Yeah and plus it won't idle at all, I have to give it throttle adjustments to get it to stay running.