RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Stadium Trucks USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Jean Bartholin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stadium Trucks USA

Hi everybody,

I am making a Market Study concerning Nitro RC Industry in USA.
I am looking for informations in terms of sales volume in USA, as US market is completely different than european one.
My goal is to determine the main actors in the US market and annual sales in USA of Nitro Trucks (Monster & Stadium Trucks).
so here are my questions :
- How many Nitro Monster Trucks is sold in USA in one year?
- same questions for Stadium trucks?
- Which percentage of those trucks is related to Traxxas, HPI, or any other brands?

Thanks for your help,
Any comments, feel free to develop.

Jean
Old 07-04-2005, 10:28 AM
cameorn

Default RE: Stadium Trucks USA

how r suppost to know we only buy them not study their sales in the usa lol
Old 07-04-2005, 03:14 PM
EdsWords

I have no numbers, but I am willing to bet that nitro stadium truck sales are down and there is no real market for them. Most new entry level RC enthusiasts are passing on stadium trucks and getting 1/8 buggies, unlimited 1/8 monster trucks, and monster trucks.

Thats a shame because stadium trucks have incredible performance and are easy to maintain. In some ways, they are the purest form of RC.

Electric STs are still hot because manufactuers have yet to perfect electric monster trucks or offer electric 1/8 buggies - yet.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:19 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

well, ed, that's only sorta true.
the majority of stadium truck buyers nowadays are those with at least ambitions to race, or RC veterans. they're still very popular in my area, though not as popular as they should be.
that being said, I totally agree, 1/10 gas truck and 1/10 2wd electric buggy are the purest forms of RC.
Jean, call the major manufacturers and ask them, you'd get more helpful feedback.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:28 PM
EdsWords

One way to guage interest is checking 'Hot Products' list on the home page of Tower Hobbies. I have never seen a stadium truck in the top 5. The Jato has already slipped to 10th and probably will be off the list before the end of summer. The EMaxx even outsells the Jato already.

The one that truly confounds me is the TMaxx phenonemon. It might have been a good truck 5 years ago, but its not a viable option anymore, yet there it is in the top three of Towers Hot list.