RC10GT warm engine needs throttle

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:43 PM
radcast2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT warm engine needs throttle

Okay question......(RC10GT Plus RTR)
If I am out bashing around....and I shut down, regardless of wether i run out of fuel or i shut it down...
I usually have to squezze the throttle to get it to start again. What setting do I have set wrong if any? I cant honestly say how many pulls it takes to get a cold engine going but I feel safe saying 10-15 pulls.....but once it it warmed up it is.
I have my idle set to where it idles as high as it can without moving...however I do have thetrim on my TX set at about 1/4 way from center to the back of the tx?
Thanks for the help
Old 07-05-2005, 10:41 PM
cetme308

Default RE: RC10GT warm engine needs throttle

It could be heat, richen the high speed needle a little and try that. A temp gauge would come in handy at this time. Generally, after it shuts off, put your hand over the engine, do you feel a lot of heat coming off it?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:36 AM
losixxx-nt

yeah sounds like it is running a little lean [:@]
richen her up
Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM
SOOJIAN

I have been haveing the same problem. I have adjuisted the needle but that does not seem to help. What is a lot of heat? I also have trouble idleing after this happens ,normally after 1st tank of gas. I floor it while pulling and that is the only way to get it going.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:18 PM
monsterpede360

ur running alittle to lean and you need a temp gadge on ur rc10gt
Old 07-09-2005, 08:47 PM
radcast2

I re-set mine back to the factory suggested settings and I have gone from there......My temp is currently running around 215-235 I am seem to have an issue with the low end since making adjustments....
The truck has been starting but only if I keep the low end richer than I think it needs to be...butit is still fast...I might take it down to the LHS next weekend and let them set it up for me.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:55 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

I have the same problem. What type of fuel are you running, you just might have a bad batch of fuel.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:42 PM
radcast2

I am running the Byron Race fuel 20%.....dont think it is a bad batch only becuase I bought 2 gallons each from a different store.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:57 PM
avg_joe

I have the same issue when I restart my rc 10gt w/Dynamite 12spd warm. I usually have to hold the throttle wide open. I use a starter box, so it is just an issue, not a prob. I have found that the easiest way is to slightly over-prime the engine, and then start it while the throttle is open. I have my servo horn set up so that it is a little on one side of middle, so that I have a little extra adjustment in the trim to set up throttle on restarts, and that seems to help. As to the cause of the issue in the first place...I don't know. I have set low end a little leaner to try to make it better, and that wasn't the answer. I set the low end a little richer than ideal, and then I had a hard time getting it to clear out and idle. So I am back to what I think is good low end adjustment, and having to coax it back to life. All I can say is Dang, I love my starter box!