Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Forget forced induction on 2-strokes...but what bout OS's 4stroke?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Forget forced induction on 2-strokes...but what bout OS's 4stroke?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:12 AM
hord1080

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forget forced induction on 2-strokes...but what bout OS's 4stroke?

Can't help but wonder, is a supercharger or turbo all the O.S. FS-26C II needs to match 2 stroke performance?
I hear a lot about superchargers and turbos for 2-stokes but that they don't work well, which is obviously purely a scam.

Think about it...the same reason that makes 2 strokes's emissions much worse than 4-strokes - the ports letting out burned and unburned gas more readily - is why you can't use forced induction...it all blows out the exhaust port.

The 4-stroke O.s. seems like the perfect engine to use FI on...needs more top end, more horsepower to go along with that awesome torque and sound!
O.S. even makes (or used to make) a supercharged 4-stroke model plane engine. Obviously the cost and rebuilds would be higher, but who cares!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27050.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	294889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84958.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	294890  
Old 07-08-2005, 04:53 AM
jkulhanek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forget forced induction on 2-strokes...but what bout OS's 4stroke?

Forced induction is extremely common on 2 stroke R/C cars, motorcycles, jet ski's etc.

Have a look at your car, tell me, what gives you a big increase in hp when bolted onto your engine??

Anyway, i'm a 4 stroke fan, but it's just not feasible enough, those O.S. car 4 strokes are just a plane version with a different carb and valvesprings/cam. They are difficult to fit, and require a belt driven cooling fan, because O.S. were too lazy to design a different crankcase.

A guy on rctech.net had a thread on the development of the .26 FS, he added a .12 sized slide carb, and did a few mods, and ended up with impressive power rivalling the likes of the O.S. .12 CV-R.

Forced induction would work fine in this motor, you may need to modify the compression ratio or something, but the big problem is heat.