No More Rush

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:43 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No More Rush

So, I had to tell this to someone....
My buddy and are are out bashing lastnight where we normally go, out to an old BMX track, we dont normally hit the track as we break to many parts, but there is a huge paved parking lot, a big field and a ton of Misc. stuff to do, so its a cool place to play. It was the first time I had gotten a chance to bash the T-maxx that I just got (used) my friend had litterally JUST put his Rush together broke it in right at our bashing site in the parking lot. So when he was done his 6th tank, he thought it was now time to really open her up and see what shes got. Well I must say that it moved pretty good, but something happend that was alittle odd, He had a fail safe so it couldnt have been that. But one time when he nailed the throttle, its didnt ....un-nail when he released the throttle. I have never seen a grown mans face go so pail before. He was headed right for the River, the river that we white water raft down. Luckly he hit a rock right before the river, so it launched his brand new Rush into the middle of the river. Well, I couldnt help but Grin, even as I sit here now I smile while typing this. So, Quickly we tried to see if it would float, but the Rapids were so white water that spotting anything that wasnt water was very difficult. So after swearing alot, and calming down, we thought we could walk the side of the river further down and with possibly some luck find a tire or something...lol...(that was my little joke) "At least the tires and body will float" he didnt find that to be to funny. Anyhow, after walking the river for about 20 minutes... we found it... I mean we REALLY found it.It was like 2 KM's down stream from where he decided to..."wash" is. Still looked brand new, cleaner as well. We took it apart right at the site, drained what we could. Tried to start it but for some reason it wouldnt, it was close to firing though and tonight I will take a closer look at it as he is not much of a Nitro guy and is probly alittle less of one now..lol...
Old 08-11-2005, 10:31 AM
badz

Default RE: No More Rush

LOL betcha that was a riot...hey was it a electronic fail safe? Alot of times those get setup backwards....it tries to kick in and boom WOT...I've seen it happen a few times...even did it myself once..slammed my 1/6th scale gaser into a pole at about 45mph, made a neat crunching sound

Next time ya go there with ya friend tell him he better wear his swimsuit and pack his raft and a fishing net to fetch his rc, but whatever you do...never let him live it down
Old 08-11-2005, 10:50 AM
D0G

Im not sure what failsafe it was, just one where ya put it between the throttle servo and the Reciever. I dont know if it can be put in backwards, but now that you say that I am going to have to check my own RC's..lol.. And tust me, he still hasnt let me live down the time 5yrs ago when I knocked an old lady over with my RC, so this will be around for many yrs to come.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:23 AM
jkulhanek

What he means by backwards, is it is calibrated wrong.

What you are idealy meant to do is apply a very small smidgen of brake, push the "set" button on the failsafe and this means that when it kicks in, it applies a smidgen of brake and idles the motor.

However like badz, I have managed to set mine up backwards so it goes WOT when it kicks in.....it's a sinking feeling...

Is that what ur buddy felt? A SINKING feeling?? HAHAHA get it SINKING feeling hahahahaha...
Old 08-11-2005, 11:36 AM
D0G

LMAO, trust me im Still giggling atthe sight of his new shiny truck Catwalking towards the river, and the look on his face, was I bet a 'sinking' feeling..lmao...There was almost a sigh of relief when it kinda turned towards the rock, but the rock only worked as a jump to launch the truck further into the river, had it not hit the rock, it may have just tumbled into the shallows. After we were trying to start it and it wouldnt start, I told him it may be 'flooded' LMAO....he didnt think that was funny..

I have a Failsafe, and I didnt even know there was a "set" button on it, I hooked mine up, and it just brings my Servo back to Neutral if it the Reciever looses signal for whatever reason. Ive tested it by simply having the truck off, with the electronics on, pinning the hrottle, then turning off my Radio, the servo should reset to neutral. If you dont have a failsafe, try what I just suggested, I bet you will soon be looking into a failsafe..lol. The Throttle will stay where you left it.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

so he did indeed recover the Rush?
if he wants to get rid of it, I need some parts
Old 08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
D0G

Ya, we found it after about an hour of searching, Down stream about 2KM's from where the mishap occured. I just spoke with his, he says it sounds like it wants to fire, but just wont. There is probably water in every nook and cranny of that RC now..lol.. I will have to take a good look with my own eyes to really figure out the situation..lol.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

if it was at WOT when it went into the water, i'd figure the engine is toast.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Outhouse Manager

Mmmm,

A "pucker" factor of 9.95 by the sound of it....

Best Wishes,

Rob.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:42 PM
kdubbz
My Feedback: (2)

Always check your failsafe, When you turn on the cars battery and you turn on the transmitter, without starting the truck, turn the transmitter off and the failsafe should kick in and go to the brakes or where ever you set it to, should be brakes. I always do this before a run becuase you never know, stuff happens. freak accidents. My worst RC nightmare is driving it into a river or any water at that.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:07 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I've had a waterlogged Super Rooster in a stampede because I let a woman drive my rig[&:]

all that damn money on an engagement ring, and she *****ed about replacing my $120 ESC