Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Newbie breaking car in....got a couple questions....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Newbie breaking car in....got a couple questions....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Raise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie breaking car in....got a couple questions....

i just joined the forum. i bought an rc10 gt a week ago. ive had electric cars in the past, but this is my first gas powered car. i broke it in just like instructed, not im on my 6th or 7th tank of fuel. it seems im having to open the carb a lot to get it started sometimes, but then i close it back, cuz the car wants to move forward cuz the idle is set too high....besides, thats running way rich anyway!! also, im having to pull it a lot of times to get it started. and sometimes in bewteen tanks, it seems i have to wait at least 10 minutes before it will start again. is the engine cooling down or something?? i would appreciate it if someone could chime in and help me tune this thing and get it broken in. thanks in advance guys
Old 08-12-2005, 12:02 AM
RAGE 5

Default RE: Newbie breaking car in....got a couple questions....

alright i have a jato i'm probably wrong but in the clutch if its similar to mine the reason the wheels keep spinning is because the spring in the clutch but like i said i'm probably wrong but it's just a possibility
Old 08-12-2005, 06:43 AM
xPAGANx

Default RE: Newbie breaking car in....got a couple questions....

If it is taking a long time to get started again...

The first thing you should do is richen up your High speed needle. It sounds like you are overheating.

You might be running lean on your Low speed needle also so richen it up and it will start easier.

Make sure fuel is in your fuel line also. If fuel isn't moving up your line you need to prime it between tanks. Just plug the exhaust for a second and give it a pull. Check fo fuel in the line. Repeat until fuel has reached the engine. Just make sure you don't flood it.