Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

best radio system

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:18 PM
2.5driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best radio system

what would be the best radio system to get for the jato, both least expensive, and most expensive?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:22 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: best radio system

depends on what you want to do with your truck. any aftermarket radio you buy WILL be better than your craptacular traxxas TQ.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
crashing-is-fun

"craptacular traxxas TQ."

ha ha ha LOL thats a good one!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Kemo

MX-3S is one of the best you can get for its price. Synth'd and 18 model memory. Really good value on that radio... i love mine.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:55 PM
2.5driver

ORIGINAL: rccars411

MX-3S is one of the best you can get for its price. Synth'd and 18 model memory. Really good value on that radio... i love mine.
who makes it and how much is it?

craptacular...lol
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Kemo

Airtronics does. They sell for about 170-190. Tower has them and so do many other retailers. I suggest Omnimodels since there is free shipping on EVERY order over 100 bucks. They have and share same stock numbers as tower. They even sell the st15
Old 08-15-2005, 04:20 PM
2.5driver

thank u rccars411.

what are the advantages with a synthesized radio? sorry if that was a really stupid question, i've just never dealt with one thats synthesized, and am not familiar with them

Old 08-15-2005, 04:30 PM
InfinitySpeed04

The new Spektrum Dsm system. Its about $250 and you get the Transmitter, 2 servos, and the receiver. The pistol radio it comes with is also pretty cool too.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My weapons of choice....
[ul][*] Nomadio Sensor - 2.4GHz with Real Time Telemetry, i.e. engine temp, Tx/Rx voltage, etc.[*] Futaba T3PK Module Transmitter - Available modules include AM, FM: PPM/HRS, FM: PCM, FM: Synthesized and Spektrum 2.4GHz.[*] JR XS3 Synthesized FM - My first FM transmitter upgradge. Ships with same servos as Spektrum DX3.
[/ul]

ORIGINAL: 2.5driver
what are the advantages with a synthesized radio? sorry if that was a really stupid question, i've just never dealt with one thats synthesized, and am not familiar with them
A fully synthesized transmitter/receiver system does not require crystals--the frequency can be "dialed" in. The 2.4GHz systems also don't require crystals; however, there is nothing to dial in since they scan for an available frequency. Other module type transmitters include, but are not limited to, the Airtronics M8 & M11 and the Ko Propo Ex-10 Helios. Module transmitters are nice if one wants to use them with both AM and FM receivers.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:41 PM
2.5driver

the only thing i'm worried about, and that i need to be clarified on is if the servos that come with the MX-3S, and the spektrum dsm system will fit the servo horn that comes stock on the jato.

the reason i ask is because the way the steering servo sits in the jato, i dont know of any other servo horn that will work other than the stock one, so i just want to make sure it will fit those types of servos. thank u.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The servos that ship with the Spektrum DX3 appear to be the same as the ones that ship with the JR XS3, but only a different color. In other words "JR" servos. Those particular servo horns are plastic anyway so you can probably cut them or trim them if you need to. Some servos also come with more than one type of horn.

However, before making any purchase I would try to visit a local hobby shop and hold the different transmitters simply to make sure you like the feel of them since they are weighted and balanced different. The spring tension in the wheels also varies. While at a LHS, you can also check into the servos as well since you may want to upgrade anyway.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

what I hate most about the Spektrum system is how cheesy the radio feels. my old XR3 feels better, and they're both based on the same case!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:36 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: rccars411

Thats the one I have and I really like it. It all so has 3 channels so I can use reverse in my Savage. All so I like the fact you do not have to fool with crystals. One more receiver and I will be able to use it for all 3 of my trucks.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:37 AM
2.5driver

i think i'm leaning more towards the MX-3S.

tomarrow i'm gonna try and get to my lhs, and see if they have one and what they're prices r.

thank u tigger for clarrifying me on what synthesized means, and thanks to all who replied. u guys were a big help
Old 08-16-2005, 07:02 AM
gerwen

In a similar price range you can also find the JR XS3. It's a great radio.