Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

.12 Engine for Evader - ST or Buggy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

.12 Engine for Evader - ST or Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 12:00 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .12 Engine for Evader - ST or Buggy

since there is a forum for electric buggy's but not nitro ones, I'll ask here.. they should be teh same anyhow..

I'm thinking I want to go with an OS (can't afford the TZ) what .12 engines will fit? thanks..

I like the way the one with the square head looks, but that's just bling bling.. I want power and speed!! NO PULLSTART.. I'm open to suggestions, it doesn't have to be OS. How are the Fantom Racing engines in comparison?

Old 08-21-2005, 12:31 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: .12 Engine for Evader - ST or Buggy

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUJ72&P=0
Does it have to be .12 or can you go to a .18?
Old 08-21-2005, 12:32 AM
thestratcat

gotta stay with a .12 for the coupe class.. otherwise, I'd use the .18 that I already have..

Old 08-21-2005, 12:49 AM
thestratcat

and what does the guru's think of this?

http://tntmods.com/

sounds like a pretty good idea for a race engine, any input?
Old 08-21-2005, 12:59 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: thestratcat

It works well but for what it would cost you probably could get the OS TZ. $79 plus shipping and a motor to start with. But speed cost money how fast do you want to go?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:05 AM
thestratcat

ORIGINAL: 46u

ORIGINAL: thestratcat

It works well but for what it would cost you probably could get the OS TZ. $79 plus shipping and a motor to start with. But speed cost money how fast do you want to go?
I want to go FAAAAASSSTTT man!!! (got my butt kicked by a couple of 13 yr olds tonight)

you are right.. maybe I'll buy the CV to get started, then drop the money on the TZ, send it to TNT, when it comes back install it and then send off the CV.. that'd give me two race engines..

Old 08-21-2005, 10:41 AM
jkulhanek

The .12 CV isnt the fastest engine out there, but you will probably find that you will be faster around a track with a CV than a CV-R. Too much power for you will cause you to make costly errors, the CV will help you develop your driving skills.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: jkulhanek

The .12 CV isnt the fastest engine out there, but you will probably find that you will be faster around a track with a CV than a CV-R. Too much power for you will cause you to make costly errors, the CV will help you develop your driving skills.
But if you are racing I am sure people are run more powerful engines then the CV. OS makes great engines, easy to tune, hold a tune, and very reliable. For the money you cannot beat an OS! They all so are known for very conservative on there claimed HP which means they are normally more HP then there claim. The CV with the square head claimed HP .56, CV-R 1 HP. I agree fast engine is not the only thing that wins races. Driving ability is just as important. [8D]
Old 08-21-2005, 09:54 PM
thestratcat

46U,

I just got an email back from TNT Mods, they've got an OS 12 CV with rotary carb, built for one of the team drivers ready to go, and he's saying under 200 bucks.. I'm thinking I may jump on it.. just to put aside for now until I'm ready for the horsepower..
Old 08-21-2005, 10:27 PM
46u

You can buy the OS CV from Towers for $80 NEW and then have then do there thing for around $80 and I still think the TZ will have way more power. I know what I would do for that much money TZ. But what ever you do let us know how it goes. Good luck.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBZ14&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJFY9&P=0
Old 08-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Snipin_Willy

I've used the .12 CV and .15 cv-rx and my latest motor is an '05 Fantom FR12. The engine is way faster than either of the OS engines I've used, but it was also harder to break in.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:04 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Snipin_Willy

I've used the .12 CV and .15 cv-rx and my latest motor is an '05 Fantom FR12. The engine is way faster than either of the OS engines I've used, but it was also harder to break in.
How long have you had it and how much fuel do you have through it? Does it hold a good tune? I have a OS .15 CV-RX in my MT1 Racer with about 3 or 4 gallons through it and it still sreams. Runs as good as the day I break it in.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Snipin_Willy

It holds a tune well enough. I haven't had to do much adjusting to it. Changing humidity levels will affect the tune. It has about 1 gallon through it and still running like new. The power band is alot smoother than my O.S. engines that I used.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:28 AM
yoster

There are many other factors that go into it including how your engine reacts. For instance, fuel mileage is extremely important when racing. We took a stock O.S. CV-R .12 against a TNT Mods modified O.S CV-R .12, both tuned properly, using the same fuel, in two identical trucks on the same track and the results were astounding. The stock engine got a very respectable 9½ minutes runtime. The modified engine finally ran out of fuel after 18¼ minutes! This may sound unbelievable to many of you, but this is absolutely a true story, and of course the modified engine performed much better.
Thats awesome.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:45 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: Snipin_Willy

It holds a tune well enough. I haven't had to do much adjusting to it. Changing humidity levels will affect the tune. It has about 1 gallon through it and still running like new. The power band is alot smoother than my O.S. engines that I used.
Temperatures all so make it where you have to retune. Yes some retuning from day to day for temperatures and humidity is normal until they start putting CV carburetors on them. My OS is smooth from idle until full throttle and it gets there real quick.
Main thing is as long as it makes you happy.
[8D]