Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Revo, JATO, or Lightning?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
AddictedPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo, JATO, or Lightning?

Just getting into trucks! I am a RC Pilot. But friends and family are getting into trucks and I am a social person so that is were I am headed.

A friend has a Revo. My brother and my father have JATOs. I was thinking about one of those then I saw the Hot Bodies Lightning! Anyone have any suggestions. I may wish to start racing later. But the Revo has a class it can race in and the LHS that runs the track has sold soo many JATOs they are going to create a JATO only class race. The Lightning is considered a 4WD stadium truck. (sounds like a cross between the JATO and REVO) The JATO seems to be a little hard to control, but the Revo seems like I would get control over it really fast.

Anyone have a Lightning?
How hard is it to find parts?
How many parts do you break?
Is it faster than a JATO or REVO?
Is Hot Bodies a good manufacturer?

What truck should I consider that I did not list and why?

Thanks,

AddictedPilot
Old 08-23-2005, 04:10 PM
nitroman111

Default RE: Revo, JATO, or Lightning?

i have driven a revo and yes they get control really fast.

1. no i dont have a lighning

5. i think that hot bodies is a good manufacturer

there you go have fun with this exciting class of rc!! justin

Old 08-23-2005, 07:12 PM
×SlappY×

i believe hotbodies is working with hpi... or something like that, well they are with the E-Zilla, (eletric savage) i know nothing on nitros, but id get a revo. or a savage if i felt like jumping and stuff.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:10 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

The Revo is fun and tough....the Savage is a bit tougher than it....both are decent trucks...for jumping both do great...Jato's fun for just high speed...it's not as durable as a MT...I take ym MT's flying with me and rip them around the field after we're all done flying...plus if the winds pick up too much you didn't waste a trip out to the flying field Honestly right now HPI got a special edition Savage out that comes with the 3speed tranny which really makes the Savage zoom...I'd pick that up...it's a sweet truck If you want it just to race you'll more likely need the Revo most tracks won't let the Savage compete cause the big block engine and 1/8th scale size. Revo is a great race MT it's suspensions great for track use.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:58 AM
nitroman111

ya that it is!!!