Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

eerrr... problems with jato

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:13 PM
thekaboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eerrr... problems with jato

ok, about a month ago i broke some stuff on my jato, a week later i ordered the stuff. Some confusion happened with the delivery so the part came way later. I took it out and tryed starting it, it didnt start very easily. When it did start it would stall right away, i kept trying and it would start for like 15 seconds max then stall. i returned it to fatory setting and the same thing kept happpening--run for a 10 second stall. I was going to try one last time when i tryed to start the engine with the ez start and nothin happened..their was no noise, nothin. the part with the no noise, no ez start working has happened before but i had just gotten some dirt up in the ez start motor. I thought something like that happened again so i sprayed some nitro cleaner and it still wouldnt turn over. im confused as to wat it could be, the thing that annoyed me was the fact that i could keep the car going even at factory setting.
any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Medrivfast

Default RE: eerrr... problems with jato

Are the positive and negative wires connected to the EZ start on the car? My negative terminal falls off sometimes.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:46 AM
JatoWeazel

don't say youve had bad luck with this r/c unless you know whats wrong first...i don't know but it could most likely be something stupid
Old 09-01-2005, 08:06 AM
tristy

as medrivfast stated it could be the ez start wire come off the motor it happened to me yesterday but i put it back on it was fine or it could be your battery dead or the electric circuit in the ez starter unit could have something wrong with it? hope you get it sorted anyway
Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
zabooza

When you hold in the button on the ez start, does the light for the glow plug come on?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:28 PM
JATOdude

Same thing happend with me I found out my carb had some o ring pieces in there so i cleaned the carb and it was fine, or just take for a pro tune up at ahobby shop, but mine is modified to the extreme, pro-line agitator rims, wrapped with dirthawg 2's, cvec dual exhaust pipe, 3racing head, revo shocks, t6 aluminum tie rods, k&n air filter, and a fuel filter with venom fuelline
Old 09-01-2005, 07:30 PM
JATOdude

got to where i work im 17 and work here i also street race.. shhh dont tell my mom ;-) i hjave a 2005 rsx type from acura turbo charged, go here, www.dansrc.com or to see my real car www.clubrsx.com
Old 09-01-2005, 09:07 PM
thekaboom

ok checked the wire and coneectors and they appear to be fine...i think it may be the ez start hand held unit. i think ur right about taking it to the lhs not only to get it tuned but to give them a good look at wat could be wrong. also id like to note that when it was starting up i notice that it had this high irritating noise.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
nitrohead525

Hey make sure glow plug is still good.
While glow plug is out see how much pinch is left in the sleeve by turning flywheel and watch piston rise to TDC. There should be some resistance near top of stroke. If none you may want to consider a new piston sleeve. Although I know a guy with 13+ gallons on an RB WS7 has NO pinch and still runs incredibly fast and cool. Also check for Air leaks and fuel line holes.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 PM
thekaboom

ORIGINAL: nitrohead525

While glow plug is out see how much pinch is left in the sleeve by turning flywheel and watch piston rise to TDC. There should be some resistance near top of stroke. If none you may want to consider a new piston sleeve. Although I know a guy with 13+ gallons on an RB WS7 has NO pinch and still runs incredibly fast and cool. Also check for Air leaks and fuel line holes.
i checked for leaks, i cant check my glow plug cause my ez start hand held went wacko[X(] im gonna check the flywheel soon..
Old 09-02-2005, 01:29 PM
thekaboom

uhhh i checked the piston and their is some resistance when the piston get to the bottom of the sleeve...sryy if that doesnt make sence...
Old 09-02-2005, 01:31 PM
zabooza

ORIGINAL: thekaboom

i checked for leaks, i cant check my glow plug cause my ez start hand held went wacko[X(] im gonna check the flywheel soon..
Can you get your hands on a glow plug ignitor? Take the GP out and put the ignitor on it. If it lights up like a car cigarette lighter, it's good. If not, replace it for $5.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:35 PM
be4life182

Also, make sure hte air filter isnt too dirty, that will cause it to stall do to lack of air after a few seconds.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:40 PM
thekaboom

ORIGINAL: zabooza

ORIGINAL: thekaboom

Can you get your hands on a glow plug ignitor? Take the GP out and put the ignitor on it. If it lights up like a car cigarette lighter, it's good. If not, replace it for $5.
ermm wish i had a glow plug ignitor, but i did put the ez start hand held thing on hold at my lhs . I should have it by next week. i checked the air filter, is it possible to have to much air filter oil on the air filter, which would restrict air? also now that i think of it i think it is the fuel..when i first got the fuel (2 month ago) i lost that inside cap thing..i also heard that old bad fuel can make the car hard to start and stall alot..