Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:18 AM
jsnnitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!

i found a decent site that has good aluminum parts and hardened steel cvds http://www.addicted2rc.com/
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Justspin

Not many posts lately. Everyone must be having good weather and good bashing.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:43 AM
jsnnitro

no i actually have been working a lot i managed to get mine out the other day right after i took the pics i posted and believe it or not i was geting wheelies on it in the parking lot i couldnt believe it because its completely stock except tires but anyway i smacked a curb and broke my rear carrier bearing. so now i am waiting on more parts again.

i also won 2 more sports on ebay one is stock and the other has the Megatech.16 engine dont know much about it but it also has a MIP three in one clutch so we will see how it does. i got both for 125
Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 PM
extremercdriver
My Feedback: (5)

does somebody know why my jato doesnt shift to 2nd and it does not do wheelies and its too slow it does not even reach 40 mph
Old 06-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: barush

does somebody know why my jato doesnt shift to 2nd and it does not do wheelies and its too slow it does not even reach 40 mph
Sounds like you need to tune your engine. Try leaning out your High speed needle a litle bit and see if that helps at all, continue doing that until it runs best and then richen it up about an 1/8 of a turn. If leaning it out doesn't work, then try to richen it.. Other than that I'd probably need more info to help.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:47 AM
jsnnitro

stripped my tranny out this weekend i have an old 2 speed drive i am going to put in when i put the tranny back in since i have it torn apart i hope the parts get here soon or i might forget how to put it back together anyway wish me luck
Old 06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
freelife04239

HI all im a newbe but i just got a nitro sport from tower hobbys and i hear a lot about shock towers and little things braking. I was reading some where that the rustler parts will all fit well almost all but the uper and lower a arms and stuff should fit i was told but i could be wrong. I was looking at extended arms for front and rear any one know anything that thay think i should know please feel free to IM me on yahoo freelife04239 thanks hope to hear back from some one
Old 06-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: freelife04239

HI all im a newbe but i just got a nitro sport from tower hobbys and i hear a lot about shock towers and little things braking. I was reading some where that the rustler parts will all fit well almost all but the uper and lower a arms and stuff should fit i was told but i could be wrong. I was looking at extended arms for front and rear any one know anything that thay think i should know please feel free to IM me on yahoo freelife04239 thanks hope to hear back from some one

Well I would think about ordering aluminum shock towers because your almost guaranteed to break the stock ones. The only other thing I would order right away would be a front bumper. Here's the best choice [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEV91&P=ML]RPM front bumper[/link]. This will help protect the front end ALOT! As far as upgrading other things... I would wait and only replace as you break. Have fun with your sport! I've had tons with mine!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: jsnnitro

stripped my tranny out this weekend i have an old 2 speed drive i am going to put in when i put the tranny back in since i have it torn apart i hope the parts get here soon or i might forget how to put it back together anyway wish me luck

Good Luck!! Two speed tranny for sport?
Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM
freelife04239

Thanks im looking at the rpm shock towers what do you think of them
Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: freelife04239

Thanks im looking at the rpm shock towers what do you think of them

Any RPM product is good. I personally have not tried their shock towers. I know most everything they make is pretty indestructable. I think they even have a break guarantee. Try em out and let us know. [:-]
Old 06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
freelife04239

THANKS im going to place my order now ill let every one know how long it takes to brake them
Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 AM
freelife04239

Well i got my nitro sport and i was braking it in to day and wow this thing is great . The thing started right up and i did my little laps till i had go throu 4 tanks of fuel on the 4th tank i started to open it up a little but still not all the way, Now im geting one for my 8 year old for his b day but im geting him the rustler and going to just swap motors so he dont have to do the brake in and then ill be doing wheelies but im hooked now.I also put on my rpm front and back shock towers the are much better but i do need more weight on the front for it to handel better or get stiffer springs to keep weight on the front tires any one have a good idea to help it handel better like sway bars or any thing please help this newbee out thanks
Old 06-21-2008, 09:10 PM
jentzsch

I just got a few new parts for my sport:

RPM front and rear tower, RPM front A-arms, Traxxas header and pipe, & high flow air filter.

I LOVE the new pipe and filter. Really makes this thing coma alive.

I keep snapping my steering turnbuckels, so I am going to get the RPM front bumper next in hopes of reducing that from happening.

I have heard that it is really not worth it to convert the sport to a rusty, but I think I may do it down the road, just for fun. I hear though that the bellcrank steering is SO much better.

80 bucks is kinda steep what you think about it, but for me, its part of the hobby. I dont have 300 bucks to get the rusty, and whats the point of 2 trucks..... I can only drive one at a time...

Any way, just wanted to rant off about it all...

Later.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:07 AM
freelife04239

TOWER HOBBIES makes it so almost any one can get a new nitro truck or car. Easy pay 115 for 3 months and you can get the rusty thats how i just got the nitro spory. Now im going to get my 8 year old son the rustler for his b day but give him the slower motor. The 15 pro so he dont have to brake it in. Im going to take his 2.5 and put it in my nitro sport . THE nitro sport is great for the frist timer because my 8 yearold can start it and drive it no problem and has a blast. OK SOMTHING I TRYED my 7.2V battery was going dead and was turning my motor over but not fast enuf.So i have a few 9.6v around and they have same plug well i tryed it and wow did it ever turn my motor faster the thing fired right up was way better than the 7.2V. I would not use it all the time cant be good for the starter motor but i know if the motor dont want to start ill use it. also i have had the same glow plug in from the brake in and its working great and i have run 6 tanks after the 5 i run for brake in and never leand it out till the thill tank 7 so i have run 11 tanks and its runing strong and having no heat problems.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:11 AM
freelife04239

IF you want to see a lame movie i made my self when i was driving and shooting the movie check out my myspace myspace.com/freelife04239[link=http://myspace.com/freelife04239 but please be nice i warned you ita a little lame
Old 06-22-2008, 03:20 AM
jsnnitro

the tranny is not 2 speed the drive gears are i found them they are for the rusty but they look like they will work on this one since it has the .21 engine in it so im going to do it if i ever get the tranny in the mail i hate Korea..... anyway if i dont get it in soon i am going to get something aftermarket that will hold up better what kind of tranny do you recommend so far i have stripped out 2 so i think i might need something that can handle a little more abuse.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
nitrosport963

Ok, if i push my car (not running) it clicks and if you lift up the back and spin the spur gear it gets caught at the same spot every time whats wrong?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:17 PM
nitrosport963

i a tread on it its called clicking sound

i know im so creative lol
Old 06-23-2008, 04:17 AM
jsnnitro

i had the same problem and it was just some trash stuck in the gear i had to take it apart and pry it out it was a little rock or something cant remember exactly if its not that then it could be inside your tranny that has just recently happened stripped out the internal gears
Old 06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
freelife04239

I had the same problem but you clean it and it seems to go away it comes back every now and then but it never stops the wheel just try to keep it clean after every use. I beat my truck but after every time i use it i try to clean it up realy nice oil my filter and put in after run oil this is a toy but should be treated like a tool it cost to much to treat like a toy lol
Old 07-05-2008, 03:11 PM
humton

i recently bought a blue anodized pipe for my nitro sport. if i get a 2.5r for it will the pipe still fit. Thanks
Old 07-05-2008, 03:13 PM
humton

Today i was out driving my nitro sport. i have had it for awhile and it has always ran great and i even had it out last night and it was awesome. so today i fueled her up and started it. i was just slowly putterin around to warm up the engine. i did a couple high speed passes and suddenly it stalled. i went over to try and start it but nothing happened. all i could hear was a clicking sound. i replaced the glow plug but still the same problem. i replaced the battery in my ez starter and still nothing. did i blow somethin up or what. Thanks for your help
Old 07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: humton

i recently bought a blue anodized pipe for my nitro sport. if i get a 2.5r for it will the pipe still fit. Thanks
You will need an exhaust header as the 2.5r and 3.3 engines are rear exhaust and the pro .15 is side exhaust (I'm assuming you have a pro .15). You might also need a different exhaust hanger too. If your going to put a 2.5r in it you will need the conversion kit [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAJ8&P=M]found here[/link] and it comes with the parts you'll need for the exhaust.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: humton

Today i was out driving my nitro sport. i have had it for awhile and it has always ran great and i even had it out last night and it was awesome. so today i fueled her up and started it. i was just slowly putterin around to warm up the engine. i did a couple high speed passes and suddenly it stalled. i went over to try and start it but nothing happened. all i could hear was a clicking sound. i replaced the glow plug but still the same problem. i replaced the battery in my ez starter and still nothing. did i blow somethin up or what. Thanks for your help
Sounds like your engine is stuck at top dead center. Try taking out the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand. If you can't turn it over then you might have seized the engine (which I doubt) Let us know what you find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.