Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 04:22 PM
humton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!

ORIGINAL: Justspin

ORIGINAL: humton

i recently bought a blue anodized pipe for my nitro sport. if i get a 2.5r for it will the pipe still fit. Thanks
You will need an exhaust header as the 2.5r and 3.3 engines are rear exhaust and the pro .15 is side exhaust (I'm assuming you have a pro .15). You might also need a different exhaust hanger too. If your going to put a 2.5r in it you will need the conversion kit [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAJ8&P=M]found here[/link] and it comes with the parts you'll need for the exhaust.
What does the nitro rustler have. it is a side exhaust and it has a 2.5 doesnt it. what type of header would i need
Old 07-05-2008, 04:25 PM
humton

Today i was out driving my nitro sport. i have had it for awhile and it has always ran great and i even had it out last night and it was awesome. so today i fueled her up and started it. i was just slowly putterin around to warm up the engine. i did a couple high speed passes and suddenly it stalled. i went over to try and start it but nothing happened. all i could hear was a clicking sound. i replaced the glow plug but still the same problem. i replaced the battery in my ez starter and still nothing. did i blow somethin up or what. Thanks for your help
Sounds like your engine is stuck at top dead center. Try taking out the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand. If you can't turn it over then you might have seized the engine (which I doubt) Let us know what you find out.
ok so i tried it but still nothing. the piston does not move at all when i turn the flywheel or try to start it
Old 07-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Justspin

i recently bought a blue anodized pipe for my nitro sport. if i get a 2.5r for it will the pipe still fit. Thanks
You will need an exhaust header as the 2.5r and 3.3 engines are rear exhaust and the pro .15 is side exhaust (I'm assuming you have a pro .15). You might also need a different exhaust hanger too. If your going to put a 2.5r in it you will need the conversion kit [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDAJ8&P=M]found here[/link] and it comes with the parts you'll need for the exhaust.
What does the nitro rustler have. it is a side exhaust and it has a 2.5.
The exhaust runs along the side of the car BUT it exits the rear of the engine.. on the pro .15 it exits on the side of the engine

Here's pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84113.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	984514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18639.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	984515  
Old 07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Justspin

Today i was out driving my nitro sport. i have had it for awhile and it has always ran great and i even had it out last night and it was awesome. so today i fueled her up and started it. i was just slowly putterin around to warm up the engine. i did a couple high speed passes and suddenly it stalled. i went over to try and start it but nothing happened. all i could hear was a clicking sound. i replaced the glow plug but still the same problem. i replaced the battery in my ez starter and still nothing. did i blow somethin up or what. Thanks for your help
Sounds like your engine is stuck at top dead center. Try taking out the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand. If you can't turn it over then you might have seized the engine (which I doubt) Let us know what you find out.
ok so i tried it but still nothing. the piston does not move at all when i turn the flywheel or try to start it
But the flywheel turns correct? If the flywheel turns and the piston doesn't move then more than likely you broke the conrod.... Might be time to upgrade to the 2.5 after all..
Old 07-05-2008, 05:06 PM
humton

What does the nitro rustler have. it is a side exhaust and it has a 2.5.
The exhaust runs along the side of the car BUT it exits the rear of the engine.. on the pro .15 it exits on the side of the engine

Here's pics
ok so if i got a different header the blue anodized exhuast i just got will fit on the 2.5r
Old 07-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Justspin

Yes, but one comes with the pro .15 to 2.5 conversion kit which you will need to put the 2.5 in your sport.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:35 PM
humton

Yes, but one comes with the pro .15 to 2.5 conversion kit which you will need to put the 2.5 in your sport.
ok so through traxxas i can get the 85 dollar pro. 15 to 2.5r replacement plan and the 25 dollar conversion kit. then i put all that on my nitro sport but instead of the pipe it comes with i put the blue anodized one i have. that will work? and which would provide better performance the on in the conversion kit or the blue anodized one?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Justspin

ok so through traxxas i can get the 85 dollar pro. 15 to 2.5r replacement plan and the 25 dollar conversion kit. then i put all that on my nitro sport but instead of the pipe it comes with i put the blue anodized one i have. that will work? and which would provide better performance the on in the conversion kit or the blue anodized one?
correct. I'm not sure which pipe will work best, but you can easily try them both and find out for yourself. Also you will need a different ez-start as the pro .15 is different. If I was you though I'd either get a roto-start backplate or pull start and further save some weight and add more speed to your sport
Old 07-06-2008, 08:44 AM
humton

correct. I'm not sure which pipe will work best, but you can easily try them both and find out for yourself. Also you will need a different ez-start as the pro .15 is different. If I was you though I'd either get a roto-start backplate or pull start and further save some weight and add more speed to your sport
well yeah i was thinking about that but i have heard some stories that you can never get it started with the pull start. that why i went to traxxas and the ez start
Old 07-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Justspin

well yeah i was thinking about that but i have heard some stories that you can never get it started with the pull start. that why i went to traxxas and the ez start
I got rid of ez-start a long time ago and I'm very happy I did...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:36 AM
humton

I got rid of ez-start a long time ago and I'm very happy I did...
is it in any way harder to start your 2.5r with the pull start.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Justspin

I have a 3.3 in my sport with a pull-start. It takes me about 3 pulls to start it after I prime it. This way I only have to carry a glow starter in my pocket in case I kill the motor. I actually have found it's easier to use the pull start than the ez-start. I think this is because it's easier to flood the engine with the ez-start. This is my opinion and others have theirs. My second choice would be a roto start type system. These have the benefits of weight loss, but the draw-back of having to carry a starter or drill. I don't feel they turn the engine over fast enough to start it all the time and sometimes can be a pain. I just installed a big block in my Revo and I broke the pullstart after the first tank, so I'm going to a tiger drive system to start it since I already have a starter for it. Plus it's a ***** trying to pullstart a big block engine, lol. The TRX engines aren't that hard to pull.... Hope my ramblings have helped you a bit.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:13 PM
humton

I have a 3.3 in my sport with a pull-start. It takes me about 3 pulls to start it after I prime it. This way I only have to carry a glow starter in my pocket in case I kill the motor. I actually have found it's easier to use the pull start than the ez-start. I think this is because it's easier to flood the engine with the ez-start. This is my opinion and others have theirs. My second choice would be a roto start type system. These have the benefits of weight loss, but the draw-back of having to carry a starter or drill. I don't feel they turn the engine over fast enough to start it all the time and sometimes can be a pain. I just installed a big block in my Revo and I broke the pullstart after the first tank, so I'm going to a tiger drive system to start it since I already have a starter for it. Plus it's a ***** trying to pullstart a big block engine, lol. The TRX engines aren't that hard to pull.... Hope my ramblings have helped you a bit.
yeah they have thanks. with traxxas' erp can you exchange a pro.15 for a pro.15 or just pro.15 to a 2.5r
Old 07-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Justspin

yeah they have thanks. with traxxas' erp can you exchange a pro.15 for a pro.15 or just pro.15 to a 2.5r
yes, you can exchange pro .15 for any engine. Here's the correct link since I know it's hard to find http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...o_lifetime.htm
Old 07-06-2008, 05:10 PM
humton

yes, you can exchange pro .15 for any engine. Here's the correct link since I know it's hard to find http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...o_lifetime.htm
Is the pro.15 truly easy to tune and way easier to start than the 2.5r and 3.3. i am wonderin because i dont run this thing all day and dont have all day to tune a 3.3 or 2.5. to compared to the pro.15 are they really harder to tune and get started
Old 07-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Justspin

Is the pro.15 truly easy to tune and way easier to start than the 2.5r and 3.3. i am wonderin because i dont run this thing all day and dont have all day to tune a 3.3 or 2.5. to compared to the pro.15 are they really harder to tune and get started
I think all TRX motors are easy to tune. I wouldn't say that any one of them is much easier or harder than the next. As far as starting I feel the same too. IMO Traxxas has some of the easiest engines to tune and start.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:00 PM
humton

I think all TRX motors are easy to tune. I wouldn't say that any one of them is much easier or harder than the next. As far as starting I feel the same too. IMO Traxxas has some of the easiest engines to tune and start.
ok because my local hobby store told me that traxxas 3.3 were hard to tune but hpi was easy to
Old 07-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Justspin

To tell you the truth from my experience with my 3.3 is that I only have to tune it if the weather changes dramatically. I think it all depends on how much performance your needing out of the motor. I run mine rich so it will last longer, but by doing so I lose some power. Well in my sport which doesn't weigh much at all this motor is still too much for it, even running super rich. I've had to add a wheelie bar and bigger tires to keep it from flipping and burning the rubber off the smaller tires. Honestly if your not very experienced in driving it you will crash it in 5 seconds. I have learned my lesson a few times, haha. But I did love my pro .15 too and it was a heck of a motor.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 AM
mikey04hd

I just bought two nitro sports and a t-maxx 3.3 and i love 'em. I got the NS's two days ago and i've already added a carbon fiber shocktower, dirthawgs, changed the oil in my shocks. These are my first r/c's, i've spent my whole life building 1:1's and i can't get over how cool these are, i'm already an addict. I'm sure i'll be posting in here alot more often....
Old 07-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: mikey04hd

I just bought two nitro sports and a t-maxx 3.3 and i love 'em. I got the NS's two days ago and i've already added a carbon fiber shocktower, dirthawgs, changed the oil in my shocks. These are my first r/c's, i've spent my whole life building 1:1's and i can't get over how cool these are, i'm already an addict. I'm sure i'll be posting in here alot more often....
I know what you mean. I keep spending money on my cars, but they are definitely worth every penny. I don't know how much more I can do to my sport, but my revo has about $1000 in it and still counting, LoL
Old 07-10-2008, 03:35 PM
humton

well i ripped apart my pro.15 and i found the problem. the wrist pin and connecting rod came out of the head of the piston. i got parts from my local hobby shop and put her back together. i broke it in and i think that it runs better now than it ever has. Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
jsnnitro

just curious but i was hoing that i could find some longer shock rods my rear is sitting lower then my frontend now for some strange reason even after completely rebuilding my shocks i even put new shocks on it and it still sits over an inch lower
Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: jsnnitro

just curious but i was hoing that i could find some longer shock rods my rear is sitting lower then my frontend now for some strange reason even after completely rebuilding my shocks i even put new shocks on it and it still sits over an inch lower
Check to make sure you have the right shocks on the front and back as the front shocks are shorter than the rear shocks. Also make sure you have the rear shocks mounted to the correct spot on the shock tower. I just upgraded some parts on my sport. Got new RPM shock towers and replaced the plastic axles with metal cvd's so now my 3.3 won't keep breaking the damn yokes. The wheelie bar I got works like a dream and I'm not flipping the car over at 30 mph anymore so I'm also finally getting a new body for it. I'll post some pics after I get it painted and clean up the car a bit. It's been thrashed and trashed for too long now, lol
Old 07-13-2008, 06:37 AM
jsnnitro

i already thought about that and checked it my shocks and everything are the same setup as on my other sport but yet this one is sitting lower in the rear same height in the front though
Old 07-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Justspin

ORIGINAL: jsnnitro

i already thought about that and checked it my shocks and everything are the same setup as on my other sport but yet this one is sitting lower in the rear same height in the front though
Honestly, Try taking off one back shock and one front shock and see if the backs are longer. There shouldn't be any other reason this would happen unless you have spring spacers in front and none on the back. Sorry, not trying to sound like a smart ass, but It has to be wrong shocks in back and/or in front... If it's something else please let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.