Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 03:06 PM
cool stranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

(1)i'd like 2 know what shocks do "RCN2ZST" used for his firestorm?
(2)what's the other clutch can i use ?
(3)what can i upgrade in my firestorm?
Old 12-25-2007, 03:51 PM
NTRC

for the glow plug igniter, it says in the manual to charge 6 hours, but on the box it says 10. Should i go for 10 hrs or is 7 alright?
Old 12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
1 savage

I would allow the glow plug igniter to charge for at least 10 hours. Good luck with your new ride.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:33 PM
experimental_pilot

ORIGINAL: scobeh

please help when i try to start engine with glow plug in it does not engage but when i take glow plug out it turns engine fine

thanks
Is it a brand new engine? It will be hard to turn over for sure.
Heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun for 3-5 minutes! It will turn over much easier and be much nicer on the engine!

Also, for the glow plug. O.S. #8.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:52 PM
RCN2ZST

here's a link to the shocks im running on my firestorm. and all the aluminum parts are coustom made by my brother. u can get the fuel line cover from ebay or ur local harware store or autoparts store its just a braided cover.

http://integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/s...55107448797.f8
Old 12-25-2007, 07:52 PM
tse_adam

you only need to heat up your heatsink for about 1 min for it to work but due to the cold weather i find i am having to heat up the engine every time i first start the car. this could be a problem if i take the car out without a portable hairdryer or heatgun sort of thing!

the instruction for running in is definitely a bit brief, spread it out for 7-8 tanks. something like idle for 2, quarter throttle for 2, half for 2, then a bit of full on 7th and easy run round on 8th.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:00 PM
lambofgod1371

I got my firestorm early by like 4 days and i already broke it on accident by hitting my dads truck, but now im waiting for my hop ups to come on the mail but of course they dont run on xmas.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 AM
e10drifter

just got my firestorm. its my first nitro and i had a little trouble starting it the first time but after i got it started it was so easy after that. then in the afternoon i flooded the motor unintentionally so it took me about 1-2 hours to figure otu that the pipe was full of gas and so after pouring it out 5 times the car start again! woo hoo. now i got some questions

1. im trying to adjust my camber but the provided wrench doesnt fit onto the thing, its square shape. any ideas?

2. when i first start my car the wheels will spin very fast even though my throttle trim is in neutral. it was slow down considerably when i hit the brake real quick, but if i hold the brake too long it will stall out. i havent adjusted anythign on the motor yet, but isnt the idle rpm level the same as the throttle trim since the clutch is always engaged like an automatic car?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 AM
motorhead91

yep throttle trim and idle screw both do the same job

as for the wrench the square side fits but takes awhile to...the other end slips
Old 12-26-2007, 12:29 PM
scobeh

elec starter does not seem to engage
Old 12-26-2007, 02:24 PM
e10drifter

ORIGINAL: scobeh

elec starter does not seem to engage
if you have trouble starting your firestorm do this:

remove the glow plug by holding the car upside down and using a 8mm socket

put a rag ontop of the motor and pull the string a few times, fuel should jump out the hole (if it is this problem)

then tip the car so that any fluid in the pipe will come out, do this a few times

then put the glow plug back in, if fluid keeps coming out keep trying to pour it out and start the car, if there's no fluid and you feel resistance on the rope, then prime some fuel and go play!
Old 12-26-2007, 02:29 PM
partyboy89

what kind of glow plug is recomended for the firestorm??
Old 12-26-2007, 03:58 PM
NTRC

Whenever i hit the brakes, my engine dies. Is this normal for the car, and how can i fix it. Car is in the break in process, so no tune yet. is it something i need to worry about now, or wait till my engine is going well and then look into it. Also, my igniter's charge doesnt seem to last long at all. after starting the car a few times, it no longer worked, so i couldnt finish breaking in the car....
Old 12-26-2007, 04:50 PM
experimental_pilot

ORIGINAL: partyboy89

what kind of glow plug is recomended for the firestorm??
This was just posted on page 49!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:55 PM
experimental_pilot

ORIGINAL: NTRC

Whenever i hit the brakes, my engine dies. Is this normal for the car, and how can i fix it. Car is in the break in process, so no tune yet. is it something i need to worry about now, or wait till my engine is going well and then look into it. Also, my igniter's charge doesnt seem to last long at all. after starting the car a few times, it no longer worked, so i couldnt finish breaking in the car....
You probably need to lean the low speed. It's drowning in fuel when you close the throttle.
You can start tuning it now, just leave it "slightly" rich. The factory settings are usually too rich, even for breakin.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:32 PM
bigairlife

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

yep throttle trim and idle screw both do the same job

as for the wrench the square side fits but takes awhile to...the other end slips
Not true [&:]. The idle screw sets the minimum gap that the carb can close, while the throttle trim on the transmitter adjusts how far idle is above the regular idle or how much brake is applied at idle. try not to post information that you dont know for shure...
Old 12-27-2007, 12:47 AM
cool stranger

how about O.S 18TZ engine 4 firestorm is it good?and which one of them can i use? ( O.S. 18TZ (P)-T w/11K Slide Carb, O.S. 18TZ-TX w/11L Rotary Carb , Etc..)
if u know other engines tell plz
is there tuned pipe 4 firestorm ?
Old 12-27-2007, 12:54 AM
NTRC

should i just follow the tuning outlined in the manual, starting with high speed first, or should i lean out the low speed a bit first.

thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 09:26 AM
liamfellover

hello can anyone tell me why the first time i took the firestorm out in the street it run away and smashed the bulkhead. Why did the bulkhead snap so easy.? please people help me

THANK YOU
Old 12-27-2007, 12:00 PM
NTRC

so today was the second day i could start up the firestorm. it was running great and i was tuning it. but, it seems that my a arm has snapped off on the front left side, and i didnt even hit anything.....so, should i just go with another set of the stock arms, or should i upgrade? also, im new to rc so i have no clue how to replace them, any help is appreciated.

thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 06:17 PM
jmd86

Got the firestorm for x-mas and must say i am very happy with what I see so far. I stretched the break-in out for a couple of tanks more than recommended just for good measure. Had to adjust the throttle linkages a bit to get the idle right. After that I give her a 1/8 turn to the rich side due to the cold air here in VA, (started to lean out after break-in as well). Been running great! Easy to tune as far as I can tell. No broke parts yet either! Good Truck!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 PM
RCN2ZST

i have said it from day one on this post and others this is a pice of cr@P of a car the parts are very poor made in strenght its not meant for racing 'cause the enguine is not legal on all tracks. the engine is hard to keep it in tune please stop buying this car. specialy if is your first car get a four wheel drive much easier to control more power
and for the same price you get a bigger car with a bigger engine. for all those questions about glow plugs and tuning just go back to the first pages of this tread.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 PM
tse_adam

wow what got in your ass?! lol joking

this is only my second nitro car and no one gets noobier than me. As this truck was meant to be an entry-level truck, it makes sense that they cant use the best parts on the market as the cheap price tag simply cannot allow it. nevertheless this truck was made with high quality and durable parts, its certainly fast and handle well enough for bashing etc. if you are aiming to win races then you should be looking at more expensive machines because it sounds as though you expect more too much for your bucks.

my conclusion after severe rolls and flips and other dangerous jumps - this is a good machine!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
experimental_pilot

ORIGINAL: liamfellover

hello can anyone tell me why the first time i took the firestorm out in the street it run away and smashed the bulkhead. Why did the bulkhead snap so easy.? please people help me
It ran away as in you had no control of it? Things break when you crash into other hard things Try not to do that
Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 PM
experimental_pilot

ORIGINAL: NTRC

so today was the second day i could start up the firestorm. it was running great and i was tuning it. but, it seems that my a arm has snapped off on the front left side, and i didnt even hit anything.....so, should i just go with another set of the stock arms, or should i upgrade? also, im new to rc so i have no clue how to replace them, any help is appreciated.

thanks
Just get the stock ones. Just look at the parts diagram in the manual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.