Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
fasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

what clutch did you get I think im going to get a new 1 Im tired of the spring breacking?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:18 AM
superb3rra

Is it true that i can put the Savage clutch on my Firestorm?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM
superb3rra

Wondering something..
Is there a gasket or something missing here?

Because when i hold the glowplug down and turn the engine, it bubbles oil around it..
Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

There should be a copper ring between the plug and the metal thing the plug sits on. And the cooling head should be on top of that ontop of the engine. Your manual should say everything.

just make sure you tighten everything as well as possible. And do it in a X pattern for it to sit better. Ex: Screw the top right, then bottom left, then top, then bottom right.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
nitro-rob

The savage clutch has been covered about five times in the past 20 pages of the thread. Basically any savage clutch fits but you may have to remove a wire guide on the transmission to fit the flywheel.

Superb- there are no gaskets between the button and cooling head (see p. 28 in the manual) and only below the botton and block. Is is leaking below the button or on top through the glow plug? It isn't clear to me how it was described.
I am surprised how dirty it is. How many gallons have you run so far? If buildup is making it leak, soaking in brake cleaner overnight will clean it.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

nitro-rob, you say you are surprised how dirty it is... mine is 2 gallon old and and way more dirty almost black

does that means something ?

thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 11:16 AM
superb3rra

It is leaking around the "ring" that the glowplug sits in.. bubbles out oil..
Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

Tighten the glow plug more? If it seems lose or you already tightened as much as you could you might need a new button.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

nitro-rob, you say you are surprised how dirty it is... mine is 2 gallon old and and way more dirty almost black

does that means something ?

thanks
It means you are running on the rich side (good) and could mean you have a high oil content or crappy fuel, but after two gallons its hard to say. For some reason I thought your truck was newer. I agree that your button may be bad, but try a new glow plug copper o-ring first. Also make sure the top of the button is clean and doesn't have any imperfections.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
bushhiker

How do I place the piston at BDC? Do I turn the flywheel until it clicks or it has no pressure?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
nitro-rob

If you take the glow plug out and rotate the engine you can see when it hits bottom. Then mark your flywheel with a marker under the truck so you don't have to find it anymore. You can get a feel for how far to go past the top to get it at the bottom.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:07 PM
bushhiker

Thanks I hope this will help my engine last longer!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:39 PM
fasty

any 1 know where i can get the bearings for the motor ?the maual says that thay are bouth the same part # but thay are difrent sizes part #15145
I cant find them any where.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:56 PM
nitro-rob

They are also the same part number as the crankcase so they all come together. I don't know how to help here.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:48 AM
fasty

thanks any ways i found them.but i have to buy the crank to and its 50 bucks,@ that price i should replace the old moter for 65 bucks.Ill go to my lhs and see if thay have any bearings that fit.I hope so, I only got 4 gallons in this moter
Old 01-28-2009, 06:41 AM
superb3rra

Problems..again.. Wondering what i can do abou this. See it's squirting oil when i try to start the engine.. It rains oil when i try to start it, as you can see on the picture I have tightend the glowplug and it sits really tight. The oil comes from underneith the cooling tower..:

I've recently changed to the 16% fuel.. My last bottle of 25% was a little brown, maybe it was that it was too much oil in the 25% 'cause it's been standing for atleast 3 months.. What do you think guys? What should i do about it?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
nitro-rob

If the leak is between the cooling head and block it there are normally three reasons.
1. the head is not tight or tightened unevenly by not using a star pattern (but you are obviously smarter than this)
2. there is crud or some kind of buildup or something between these two interfaces that are not making a good seal, or the gaskets are blown. Try cleaning both parts in brake cleaner.
3. the block or head are warped from overheating - this can only be fixed by replacing
Old 01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
superb3rra

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

If the leak is between the cooling head and block it there are normally three reasons.
1. the head is not tight or tightened unevenly by not using a star pattern (but you are obviously smarter than this)
2. there is crud or some kind of buildup or something between these two interfaces that are not making a good seal, or the gaskets are blown. Try cleaning both parts in brake cleaner.
3. the block or head are warped from overheating - this can only be fixed by replacing
Thanks.. I'll check these problems out..

Does the overheating hae anything to do with the cylindertop being slightly burned?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Wolfe22

Hi all. I just bought a firestorm off e-bay with a .18 CV-rx in it. Can't wait to get it . What kind of 20% fuel would you guys recomend running in it? I was looking at the duratrax red alert. Also this seems to be the best deal on a 6V hump pack I've been able to find, will it work ok or is there something better/cheaper? [link=http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=11130.17]hump pack[/link]
Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Johndeeretimex

hey everyone!

I have a question to ask to everyone! i have a firestorm and the steering on the car is not the great any more and i was wondering if you think i would have to work on it or have to get a new steering servo for the car? it use to be able to make quick turns and now it take a longer to do so!!

thanks Mark
Old 01-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Wolfe22

ORIGINAL: Johndeeretimex

hey everyone!

I have a question to ask to everyone! i have a firestorm and the steering on the car is not the great any more and i was wondering if you think i would have to work on it or have to get a new steering servo for the car? it use to be able to make quick turns and now it take a longer to do so!!

thanks Mark

Get a hump pack and upgrade the servo to a futabo, its all covered alot a bit farther back in this thread.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:43 PM
NitroNate

Its your servo saver.Take it apart and tighten the bolt and use locktite to secure it.Might as well get a metal gear,high torque steering servo while your at it.The Hitec 645mg is a good one,also the Futaba S3305.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
nitro-rob

This has been covered many, many times in the thread. Same thing for savage clutches. Maybe we should come up with an index to cover all the topics....
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 PM
ambassador27

Wolfe,
I've used Duratrax Red Alert in my Storm since day one and love it, I would use nothing else.. Ironically I have a Duratrax RT-X 27 and have been using O'Donnells 20% in it since day one and am probably gonna switch to the Red, seems to have better lube and cooling properties unless you are a racer.. Good luck with your Storm, it is an awsome truck, wish HPI would make a 2 speed tranny for it, it would be the ultimate Jato Killer...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:20 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

ROB That won't work people would still ask daily even if it was a sticky.Look at the nitro engines thread it has any and I mean any info you would ever need when it comes to break in,tuning,fuel ect and you still get the break in questions along with tuning questions on a daily basis[&o].Same thing for what truck is best,if people used the search they could find answeres quickly with out all the same posts over and over again.This is why Iv'e kinda taken a break from the forums and don't reply as much.I don't mind helping people but get's old answereing the same things over and over again[]My point is use the SEARCH feature if you can't find the info then ask,alot of these posts wouldn't be here if people took time to search what there looking for instead of posting the same thing Joey did yesterday.Ok my rant is over carry on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.