Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato shocks

Old 02-11-2007, 11:09 PM
BXMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato shocks

well guys i been saving up for a jato for a few months and ive finally bought one. I bought my cousins jato thats been drivin a few times maybe about a quart of gas ran so its fairly new for 200. and with my leftover money i bought a spectrum 2.0 for it my cousin have me everything he bought for it as well as everything it came with and one of the things hes upgraded to was the piggyback shocks. I noticed tho that the shocks are very bouncy like if it hits a bump it just bumps up like they dont really soke anything up. like to give more detail i bringin it home i had it in the car sittin flat on the seat and it would bounce up and down and its not really something i like to much because i know its affecting my handaling so i was wondering if i should just put the original shocks back on or change the oil int the piggybacks to something lower because i dont know whats in them now. thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 AM
osuwins

Default RE: jato shocks

its not the oil its the springs, you can adjust the tension with the collar on the shocks, or change out the springs, some people use heaver shocks to prevent preload,preload is when you car bottoms out when you land a jump,soft springs means you dont bash manly for on road no off roading, play with the collar, it does make a difference,hears a pic of 2 different springs, the white ones r stock the red ones r revo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79324.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	619478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88806.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	619479  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM
BXMaxx

so your saying its te springs that make it so bouncy? and would u or do u know if ill be able to put the regular trx springs on the piggyback shocks
Old 02-12-2007, 03:22 PM
osuwins

that i do not know but your cousin should
Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 PM
BXMaxx

well i have the truck because i bought it from him so ill check but most likely ill just put the original shocks on because they just seem more smoother and it dont bounce up and down like that but ill see what can happen but thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 05:00 PM
BXMaxx

well last night i put the original shocks back on and i noticed it feels alot better its not so stiff or bouncy. the only things is the other shocks look alot better lol but im thinking if i put lower % shock oil and put some springs from the jato on it they might work alot better i tried the original springs on them they fir perfect they are just way to stiff and bouncy so i just put the originals on untill i find out what i want to do thanks