Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

New engine for my gt2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:35 PM
palongee1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine for my gt2?

Ive got a gt2 rtr and im ready to upgrade the engine. I was thinking about the os.18tz possibly pull start so I dont have to buy a starter box. The web site claims 1.8 hp, we run on a private track so anything goes, my question is will I rip the tranny to pieces? Also with that much hp will it be too squirrly to run on a tight track? My buddy is running a os.tg12 and it flys compared to my stock engine. You cant beat the preice of 129 for the 18. Im just curious if this would be way over kill for my application or should I just get a .12. Thanks in advance for you time and help!
Old 04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
TGreg

Default RE: New engine for my gt2?

hmm, its kind of difficult since you dont want a starter box, i feel that a .18tz will be too much for you track, if possible get teh starter box and either get the .12tg or the .12tz. does your friend have a starter box, ask him if you could use his.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:26 AM
palongee1

Im just thinking bang for the buck so to speak. I can get the 18 for about the same price if not less than the tg and not have to deal with the box. I run solo quite a bit so borrowing the box isnt really an option. How much hp do you actually sacrifice to run pull start?...thanks for your time...
Old 04-09-2007, 04:04 AM
rclynx

you wouldn't miss any of it at all if all you do is bash around the neighborhood. Whats up with the original engine?
[sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-09-2007, 07:27 AM
palongee1

Well like I said we run on a private track thats like 80 by 70 so im not just running it up and down the street. The stock engine runs fine but something with more punch and a bit more on the straight aways is what im after. There a ew of us with the same type of truck so I gotta be able to keep up...thanks again