RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

help with rush evo

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:11 PM
rushevoross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with rush evo

hello again,
when i start my car and go to accelerate it is very very sluggish like 5mph top, what is wrong is it melted clutch shoes? and when i put break on it stalls[:@]
Old 04-10-2007, 04:15 PM
northants_guy

Default RE: help with rush evo

Check your carb settings, if it's running too rich it will be slow and sluggish. Reset HSN and LSN to factory and retune. Stock for HSN is 3 turns out from closed, LSN is sitting flush.

With braking forcing stall, check that the idle screw is set properly, if it is out too far the carb will fully close under braking and cut out.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:19 PM
rushevoross

i did try factory settings and carb is 1 mil open, when i pull back the break it pulls back the throttle rod aswell and shuts the hole
Old 04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
northants_guy

If the carb can close fully then the idle screw needs to be checked, it's the small grub screw beside the air filter/carb opening. tighten it up and you'll see that the carb wont close totally.

When was the last time you tuned your engine? Just thinking that the weather has gone from cold to hot, well warm over the last few days so could be it needs retuning again for current weather.

Does the engine sound like it's at full revs when it pulls off slowly? If it does it could be a sign that the slipper clutch is too loose or on it's way out, tighten up the spur gear so the slipper catches more if this is the case.

If you can get a video up to show exactly what is happening it might help give more ides of what is going on.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
rushevoross

ok i will try these tomorow, and if not i will try to get a video