Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

confused and need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:17 PM
nitroman111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused and need help!!

hey there guys, long time no tlk or see for tat matter lol...but i have been out of the rc thing for a LONG time and was wondering...how do i get fuel into the carb it has fuel in the other fuel line but not the line going into the carb. [sm=confused_smile.gif]....ne way tats about it for my questions. Has ne thing new and exciting come out yet?? Well i shall stop waisting ur guy's time on my stupid questions!!! thanks for the help!!!

nitroman111
Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 PM
motorhead91

Default RE: confused and need help!!

what do you have first off, and is the fuel line plugged.

try priming it by putting your finger over the exhaust tip and pull the starter or whatever method of starting it uses
Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
twomanytoys

You can also take the fuel line off of the exhaust and blow into it until fuel reaches the carb. Plugging the exhaust while starting also works good. Thats how I always start mine. MAke sure you have a good plug also.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Nick2618

you said you had fuel in the other line so maybe you have your lines backwards. Is there alot of gas spilling out of the exaust with it not even trying to start? If so switch them around and it should work.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I agree from what he said the lines are on backwards.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:25 PM
nitroman111

i have a Nitro rustler tat i have not started since last summer or more. Thanks for your guy's help!! im changing them now.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:45 PM
nitroman111

ok now i have a new problem!!!! I got the fuel to go to the main one but then I took a break then tryed to start it up and then the fuel went to the other line and started filling that line up. I am thinking that the engine has lost its compression and need to relpace it, but before i spend a bunch on replacing it or fixing it i thought i would get ur guy's opinion. Thank you for your help!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Nick2618

so you got it to run and fuel was going up the one line and into the engine and then fuel also went into the exaust?

About your engine turn the fly wheel with your fingers and see how hard it is to turn then run it and try to turn it again. If it is a little easier that is good. If it takes little to no effort you need a new piston and sleeve. You can also get your piston/sleeve pinched which will make the engine run almost like new again. Only cost about 20 dollars.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 PM
nitroman111

no i did not get it to run...the fuel got about half way into the fuel line then it just stoped there and would not go any further. So should i just go and buy a new engine or get the one i have now in it fixed?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:57 PM
rclynx

After all the sitting that your model has done I would consider some careful checking for air leaks, like dry seal around the gas cap and holes in fuel lines before worrying about a new engine. If fuel isn't getting to the carb and there is any pressure in your pinch there will be pressure in the exhaust and thats what pushes the fuel to the carb[&o]
Old 08-04-2007, 10:49 PM
nitroman111

ok thank you rclynx.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:37 AM
zeddfirstwizard

I agree check for air leaks, their A pain! Next thing take the line from the bottom of the tank to your carb the top one goes to the exhaust and try ty wraps on the line connects it could fix it cheap. Next keep priming till you see the fuel go all the way to the carb, if it won't do it then you do have A leak somewhere. Other guy is right tanks go bad. The worst being the ones with primers! GL And let us know what happened?