Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
chetrickerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suggestions?

i took off the wheely bar on my jato 3.3 and it still pops wheelys, which i like cause it shows the power, but i dont want it to pop up and i lowered the front wheels, but does anyone have a suggestions for keeping the front down without getting the rechargable battery pack.

and i have another question, i know that loosening the slipper clutch makes the jato take off more contollably, but will tightening it give it more acceleration and higher top speed?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Nick2618

Default RE: suggestions?

losening the slippery will not affect top speed. Try putting some small weights on the front end like fishing weights.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
jatoracing33

use the straightest anti-squat block you can get ( 3.75 degrees)
Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
chetrickerman

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

use the straightest anti-squat block you can get ( 3.75 degrees)
anti-squat?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 PM
jatoracing33

yes...anti squat, its a fine tuning adjustment. thers 2 blocks in the rear of the car that hold the suspension arm pins in place. ones metal the other plastic. the plastic is your anti-squat block. heres the parts you need to buy
[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKMH0&P=7[/link]
it comes with 4 blocks, 1.5 degrees, 2.25 degrees (stock), 3 degrees, and 3.75 degrees. you want to use the 3.75 degree block. it says in the manual how to change it.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:26 PM
chetrickerman

thanks, is that the only thing i should do?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:30 PM
losixxx-nt

i would just put weights in the front but if you jump it will nose dive
Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 PM
losixxx-nt

or try thicker shock oil and harder springs
Old 08-06-2007, 08:49 AM
ben805

take out those spacers at the rear springs to soften them up
Old 08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Gear it higher.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
twomanytoys

A bigger tire like the moabs or geolanders will do the trick. It will still wheelie but only at full throttle and its much more controllable. You can also loosen the slipper. Tightning the slipper will just make it wheelie more.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:27 PM
chetrickerman

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

A bigger tire like the moabs or geolanders will do the trick. It will still wheelie but only at full throttle and its much more controllable. You can also loosen the slipper. Tightning the slipper will just make it wheelie more.
will loosening it lower the top speed?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:34 PM
losixxx-nt

ORIGINAL: chetrickerman

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

will loosening it lower the top speed?

read the 2nd post
Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM
chetrickerman

oke doke, thanks, but i dont see any spacers on the rear shocks
Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

locate your battery pack closer to the front end. this helped my evader from lifting its nose in the air during a jump (caused by having mashers in the rear and regular 2.2's in the front)

i would suggest just getting a plane battery to do this, something small and somthing in the right voltage. i hot glue recivers, fail safes and batterys on plastic peices as they dont grip on metal.

a race setting on trucks is at full throttle, you should hear a slipping sound for 2 seconds.

also try a set of proline masher 2000's they are pricy but they work well, keep your car on the ground and wear a long time. (plus they look sweet)
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Oliver_Klozov

OK my buddy has 2 jato 3.3's and neither will wheelie if you try your butt off. He took the wheelie bar off b.c it moves the center of gravity back further then he took the batteries off the back and got the battery pack for the middle of the car. It will not wheelie now no matter how hard he tries and this is with 2 jatos both 3.3 using different fuels temp guage for tuning the motor so were pretty sure its running right. My rc10gt with my new OS .18 cv-r does wheelies all day long we raced the two of them on the weekend and mine would wheelie like crazy and his jato would just spin the tires. Needless to say i beat him every race b/c he can't get traction like me but he's using anacondas and im using yokohama geolanders. Oh yah when we raced there was only enough room to get up to 47 mph we only had around 150 -200 meters to run. He has never touched the slipper on either of his cars and both are stock gears. If your talking about wheelies at high speeds thats air getting under the front and pushing your car up. These guys are right if you want to take off better with no wheelies loosen your back shocks make them soft i noticed someone said remove some spacers but you have ajustable shocks you just need to turn the nut on your shock the white one with the red line on it. If your racing for top speed you want hard shocks in the back and soft up front so your steering doesnt grab as much.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
keepontruckin

put your wheelie bar back on, and heat it up with a lighter untill it is bendable, and bend it to were you want,

my friend has his were the front end can only come up like an inch and it still rides the wheelies!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:08 PM
chetrickerman

ORIGINAL: Oliver_Klozov

OK my buddy has 2 jato 3.3's and neither will wheelie if you try your butt off. He took the wheelie bar off b.c it moves the center of gravity back further then he took the batteries off the back and got the battery pack for the middle of the car. It will not wheelie now no matter how hard he tries and this is with 2 jatos both 3.3 using different fuels temp guage for tuning the motor so were pretty sure its running right. My rc10gt with my new OS .18 cv-r does wheelies all day long we raced the two of them on the weekend and mine would wheelie like crazy and his jato would just spin the tires. Needless to say i beat him every race b/c he can't get traction like me but he's using anacondas and im using yokohama geolanders. Oh yah when we raced there was only enough room to get up to 47 mph we only had around 150 -200 meters to run. He has never touched the slipper on either of his cars and both are stock gears. If your talking about wheelies at high speeds thats air getting under the front and pushing your car up. These guys are right if you want to take off better with no wheelies loosen your back shocks make them soft i noticed someone said remove some spacers but you have ajustable shocks you just need to turn the nut on your shock the white one with the red line on it. If your racing for top speed you want hard shocks in the back and soft up front so your steering doesnt grab as much.
wow, thanks for the abundance of info, in thinkin about just relocating the stock battery box to the front cause i dont want to spent the extra money for the traxxas battery, if it works, i will post pics, even though im sure it will look funny
Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 PM
jatoracing33

ebay has the batterys for like $10, chargers for 7...thats where i got mine and it beats payin like $70 for the set. if ur not allowed to use ebay, then it sucks to be u
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 PM
chetrickerman

ok, so it worked, i took off the back battery box, replaced it with the bumper, and pretty much shoved the battery box into the box in the middle of the jato, it fits snug and still works, so i just have to try it out tomorrow when its light, but im pretty sure it will work
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: chetrickerman

ok, so it worked, i took off the back battery box, replaced it with the bumper, and pretty much shoved the battery box into the box in the middle of the jato, it fits snug and still works, so i just have to try it out tomorrow when its light, but im pretty sure it will work
It is a snug fit that i had to try when my flat pack broke and actually worked out pretty well. but i would not recommend running like that for extended periods of time or while jumping. Also when i did it i put a zip tie around the battery pack to help ensure that no batteries would come out of the holder.

You need to go on ebay and find a cheap hump pack with a charger maybe 20 somthign shipped.