Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Firestorm 10T Problems of a begginer .. help me please . :P

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Firestorm 10T Problems of a begginer .. help me please . :P

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Santacruz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm 10T Problems of a begginer .. help me please . :P

Hi , this is my first post here and i'm hoping to get some answers off u kind people :P,
Well i bought a firestorm off eBay 2nd hand ... it came with a roto-start , since buying it i managed to thrash a full tank out of it around my back field but ever since i cant get it going properly and now the button on my roto-start is broken [&o]. But before it broke i could get it running but every time i hit the break/throttle it cut and and sometimes when i took the glow plug stick out it cut out too ... so i put the shaft off the roto-start into a power drill ... And now i cant get anything out of it. It will not start and i don't know how to tune it properly. Please help ! And as u can probably tell im a begginer ! lol
Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Firestorm 10T Problems of a begginer .. help me please . :P

Sounds like when you hit your breaks you do not have the idle set properly. I all so recommend you get some extra glow plugs as your sounds like it might be going bad. Make sure you glow plug igniter is charge well. Check out the link below. What fuel are you using?
http://www.*********.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm
Sometimes buying used your are only buying someone else problems and I hope in your case this is not so.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Santacruz

As im new to this i opted for the cheap option :P Im running Black Demon 16% nitro methane. And im going to buy some more glow plugs and a new air filter tomorrow ill report back if it does the trick
Oh and im going to buy some 20 or 25 % Fuel
Old 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Santacruz

Is using 16% a problem btw ? if so what is best i know its been ran on Odonells 25% Shall i continue with this ?
Also i noticed on the instruction diagram there is a diagram showing that there should be 1mm distance between the brake shaft and the idle screw .. in my case there isnt ... is this a problem ? Last question (promise) Is there any sort of makeshift temp gun possible and is there any easy way to tune (like i heard 1 and a qauter anti clockwise is the standar 2 stroke setting) ?

Thanks Santa
Old 08-06-2007, 07:16 PM
keepontruckin

i dont know why 16 would be a problem, but if you do go up never go down, the engine wouuld not run right.

and for tuning the high-speed needle you should, start at factory settings, and while the engine is hot, lean (clockwise) the mixture 1/8 turns untill you do not see an improvement, doing a high-speed run after each adjustment, (if there is any sputtering, or stalling, richen the mixture 1/8 turn) then richen (counter-clockwise) 1/4 turn.

for the low-speed needle pinch the fuel line while the truck is at running tempuatere and it should idle for 3-4 seconds then speed up and die. if it dies immeadiatly richen the mixture 1/8 turns, and try again, if it runs longer than 3-4 seconds then lean the mixture 1/8 turns and try again. do this untill it runs only 3-4 seconds

for the idle screw turn clockwise to make idle higher, turn counter-clockwise to lower the idle speed. set the idle just high enough so the truck does not stall when idleing or when the brake is applied, (look at your carb when the engine is off you should be able to apply the brake, and the carb should not close, if it does this is what is making your engine die when you apply the brake)
Old 08-06-2007, 09:16 PM
46u

As far as going down on nitro content it will not hurt but will not run near as good as 20 or 25%. Now keep in my nitro content is only one concern as oil content is just as important. Which O’Donnell was he running? If it was the race blend good fuel if it was the ready to run to much oil. Anything over 12% oil content is to much.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
jatoracing33

^^^^agreed^^^^ too much oil will leave deposites in ur engine.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Santacruz

I bought the stuff and its still not working ... ive got the new plug in and its glowing and fuel is just being spat out of the exhaust its like theres no spark to ignite it and when i tip it sideways LOADS of fuel drips out the exhaust ? Its getting really annoying now i just want to go out and drive it ... []
Old 08-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Santacruz

Now nothing at all is happening its just going dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum and thats it ... grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

^^^^agreed^^^^ too much oil will leave deposites in ur engine.
With high oil content fuel this is the least of your worries!

Why 8% to 12% Oil

Using high oil content fuels in gas car engines won't provide improved engine life, as some would expect. Through extensive testing we've discovered the point of diminishing return as far as oil content to engine life is actually around 8% for most car engines. In other words any more oil than 8% in the fuel does noting to improve the life of a car engine. In fact the secondary effects of high oil content fuels can actually cause engine damage by encouraging over lean runs. Here's how.

Using high oil content fuel causes a car engine to be unresponsive during acceleration acting as if the engine were running rich. Typically when using high oil content fuel, in order to get crisp acceleration and response, an engine will need to be adjusted overly lean. In addition the high oil content prevents lean bog when an engine is over-leaned thus allowing the engine to run at this lean setting without the customary telltale lean bog warning letting you know the engine is overheating.

In summary, high oil content fuels don't give added protection. The point of diminishing return from a protection standpoint in a gas car application is about 8% oil depending on the oil type and engine. Anymore oil than this doesn't offer added protection and has potential secondary effects that reduce performance and can actually cause you to over lean your engine in an attempt to get crisp throttle response and acceleration.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:57 AM
46u

Are you sure the glow plug igniter is working? Take out the glow plug and put it in the igniter and see if it glows. Does the engine have compression? Turn the flywheel over by hand and see if it gets hard to turn over. Is it getting fuel you should be able to tell if the plug is getting wet? Are you priming it properly? Did you try putting the carburetor settings back to factory?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Santacruz

Ok... I've nailed it... I dismantled my engine and the moving part attached to the carb was loose so i tightened it ... also my glow plug igniter was broken so i have a new one now along with some more A5 Glow plugs .... Now all i need a is a bit of fine tuning [&:] And it should "fingers crossed" be OK
Thanks alot 46u and u other guys u were alot of help.