Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato weak second gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:33 AM
jasytosy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato weak second gear

my jato wont shift into second gear or well i cant see it or hear it change anyway, when i change the shift point to change earlier its top speed is about 5 mph at low revs and it wont go any higher, it is the early jato and i heard that you could get an upgraded second gear that lasts longer, where can i find this or do you think that the gear has a different problem.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 AM
neilt6

Default RE: jato weak second gear

Well I don't own a Jato, OR a 2-speed tranny, but I'd say check your one-way bearing and your clutch shoes. A bad one-way could keep it from "shifting" and bad clutch shoes would slip and leave you with a low top end when you set your shift point sooner. Hope that helps!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 AM
vega11

same hapened with me.. Just tighten the Slipper Clutch just a little before everything else..
it works with me fine after that.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
twomanytoys

Are you sure you didnt adjust it too much and its stuck in second gear because it would take alot to get it going from second. It only needs a very small adjustment to make a big difference on how it shifts. Will it shift off the ground? It cant be the slipper if it only revs at low rpm's. If the slipper was too loose it would rev very high and not go anywhere.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
vega11

if u were refering to me.. no i just tighten it a little bet to acheive shifting to the 2nd..
i was thinking of adjusting the shift point from the trany hole first.. then i'd been advise
to go to the sliper clutch first then if it doesn't work go after the shift point ( anyone should becarful when performing this last one )..
it requires sinsitive movment and fine tuning acording to the manual.