Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Firestorm - Need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Santacruz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestorm - Need help

Hey again ... Ive got another problem with my storm- its all set to factory settings and i know the Glow plug and glow plug igniter works but when im firing up the roto start its sounding just like its going to start but it cant quite catch the last little bit to ignite it and get going any ideas ?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:57 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Firestorm - Need help

I sure am glade I never had a Roto crapper I mean starter. Could be the one way bearing or strip gears in the Roto starter. Is the batter for the Roto starter fully charged? Are you using high oil content fuel like over 12% oil content?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Santacruz

Im running O'Donnels RTR Fuel and im not using a roto - start ... im using a power drill (rock on)
Old 08-13-2007, 06:45 PM
46u

Are you using the drill right on the shaft that comes out of the engine?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 PM
46u

All so RTR O’Donnell has WAY to much oil content!!!!!!!!!!!! [X(]There Race Blend is fine.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Santacruz

Yeah ive got the shaft in the drill right ofc :P and as for the petrol i cba to change now :P
Old 08-14-2007, 10:03 AM
46u

I do not do computer slang! Run what you want but you might be interested in ready this! Good Luck.

Why 8% to 12% Oil

Using high oil content fuels in gas car engines won't provide improved engine life, as some would expect. Through extensive testing we've discovered the point of diminishing return as far as oil content to engine life is actually around 8% for most car engines. In other words any more oil than 8% in the fuel does noting to improve the life of a car engine. In fact the secondary effects of high oil content fuels can actually cause engine damage by encouraging over lean runs. Here's how.

Using high oil content fuel causes a car engine to be unresponsive during acceleration acting as if the engine were running rich. Typically when using high oil content fuel, in order to get crisp acceleration and response, an engine will need to be adjusted overly lean. In addition the high oil content prevents lean bog when an engine is over-leaned thus allowing the engine to run at this lean setting without the customary telltale lean bog warning letting you know the engine is overheating.

In summary, high oil content fuels don't give added protection. The point of diminishing return from a protection standpoint in a gas car application is about 8% oil depending on the oil type and engine. Anymore oil than this doesn't offer added protection and has potential secondary effects that reduce performance and can actually cause you to over lean your engine in an attempt to get crisp throttle response and ac
Old 08-14-2007, 01:27 PM
FastNeasy

What about 20% Tornado fuel?

Heres a link...

http://modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunctio...n&ItemID=20559