Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

donuts,drifting and jumps

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:02 PM
tristan102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default donuts,drifting and jumps

hi first of all would like someone to explain me how to do a donut with a traxxas jato?

also would like to know can it drift?? can all stadium trucks drift?

would like to know few things about jumping like at a skate park.

and last of all when u take a jump is it not fast at the begining and accelerate at the end?

thanks...
Old 08-13-2007, 05:07 PM
RCUSEE

Default RE: donuts,drifting and jumps

well i would say everycar is able to drift... you only need the right tires and suspensionsetup (hard)
Old 08-13-2007, 05:11 PM
jatoracing33

to do donuts with a jato, hit the gas as hard as posible, then back off slowly to bout 1/4-1/2 throttle, and make sure you have spare 2nd speed gears

wen i jump i creep up slowly on the jump and wen im bout 5ft from it nail the throttle, then once its in the air get off the throttle.

drifting, well, hard wit a stadium truck. i have proline dirt hawgs on (no tread left wat so ever) and its still kinda hard.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:00 PM
carmatic1

to jump you have to aim the car right, and let off the throttle as your about to get airborne so you can change the rpm of the wheels faster, not just slower, so you can point the car up as well as down in mid air....

doughnuts, yeah , bring it out of grip then hold it there with the power....

drifting, like doughnuts but with alot more foresight, planning, and reflexes, especially on a 2wd offroad car like yours.... set your suspension up to be as road-like as possible, find slippery, hard ground and tires that will not grip on that surface, and practice, practice, practice
Old 08-13-2007, 06:10 PM
twomanytoys

You need alot of throttle control for jumping. You can make it do what you want once its in the air. It takes alot of practice and broken parts but once you master it its fun as hell. If you used the stock Jato anacondas on a smooth street it will drift. I suggest you have 2 sets of tires and wheels. One for street and one for off road but make sure they are somewhat the same diameter because it will shift different with different size tires and you will have to change the shift points everytime you change tires. This way if you have tires about the same size you wont have to change the shift point or just slightly.

As for a donut just hit the throttle while turning hard let off than stab it again. The rear will break loose and smoke the tires right off. My first set of tires were bald about 4-5 tanks after break in. Once you get the feel of the raw power of the Jato you can do anything.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
littlebone

for dougnuts use old anacondas and find a softball or baseball field go slow then trottle as hard as you can and turn at the same time
drifting same as doughnuts but before you spin whip the tail of the jato by turning the other way takes alot of practice.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
motorhead91

donuts=rock driveway/bald tires on smooth pavement
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
ichbinanthrax

My old RC10GT Was able to doughnuts on asphalt. All i did was start rolling in a circle at about 1/10th throttle, then jam the throttle as hard as you can while still turning, that will make the tires slip (Unless you have new tires, i used a set of old wore down tires to drive on asphalt) and you can keep spinning for however long you want.

To drift, you can do it like the actual drifters. Start taking a turn and jam the breaks, which will make your car slide, then start to get on the throttle, which will keep it sliding. Same with doughnuts, you need slicker tires.

My jumping method is I build up speed, then basically have it so it's rolling when it goes off the ramp. If you gas it all the way over the ramp, you will flip (Unless the ramp is at an angle less then about 55 degrees). Flipping is bad unless you know what you're doing.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:18 PM
tristan102

what about wheelies how do wee do that?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
twomanytoys

If it is a Jato all you have to do is hit the gas all the way and it will wheelie any time. Even while going if you let off gas then stab it again it will wheelie. The JAto is very very easy to wheelie. Almost too easy and can be annoying but still fun.