Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Jato 3.3 with an OS. 18 TZ EB modded

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato 3.3 with an OS. 18 TZ EB modded

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Oliver_Klozov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato 3.3 with an OS. 18 TZ EB modded

It not even broken in and it would spank the poopie 3.3. I will have some pics for you guys soon and maybe some video if your lucky it took about 3 hours of modding to get the engine to fit but it works now woohoo.. It should hit 70+ mph this afternoon so i'll be back to tell ya'll about it.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:19 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: Jato 3.3 with an OS. 18 TZ EB modded

What did you have to do to make it fit? Is there another motor that will just drop right in?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Oliver_Klozov

Had to get a dynamite clutch nut also a 3mm hex screw and a washer for the end of the shaft. The TZ Eb Modded has a shaft with long threads where the flywheel goes and no snap ring groove on the end of the shaft to helod the clutch nut clip in place. So starting at the motor side you put your flywheel collet on and then the flywheel and your left with 3 threads past the flywheel where the flywheel nut would sit. So i used the dremel and the pink grinding stone and took 3 threads and i had to put about 3mm off of the dynamite flywheel but and grinded out 3 threads on the inside of the nut so it would have clearence on the shaft after the threads to sit tight against the flywheel. So i got the flywheel on but the shaft is still too long so i cut the shaft so i could sit the clutch bell in and only have a 1mm gap after the flywheel for the washer. I also had to cut the 3mm nut shorter b/c the shaft only has 6-8 threads left in it. Put all that together and found out i needed to drop the engine down b/c the tz eb only use's a starter box and the engine sat too high. Used the stock engine mount and put the spacers on the top side of the engine and put the screws in so the length from the chassis to the top of the screw didnt change but the engine sat lower so the flywheel would be low enough for the starter box. The engine has very tight compression and is hard to get started right now but it gets going better with each new run.

Direct drop in you can used some tz motors but not the eb modded also you can use a cv-r and imho it will destroy the 3.3
Old 08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Oliver_Klozov

Just got back from bashing all day long and well the tz really smokes the 3.3 on the 6th tank of gas it hit 67+ mph we didn't want to break it and thats with stock tuning so were pretty happy with the motor. Let's put it this way its so good it broke other parts of the car like the bead on one of the tires and the wheelie bar which flew off when the car went airborn one of 5 times. The nice shiny tz cooling head is all scrached up now and also broke one of the body posts. I have lots of video just no time right now to put it up on the net so maybe tomorrow. The rc10gt got ran over by a car so my chassis is twisted, a wheel hub bearing got squished and also the spur gear got smooshed so i bent the chassis back as best as i could and replaced the spur gear and wheel bearing.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Oliver_Klozov

There is video of the jato with the TZ eb modded

http://www.youtube.com/v/5uSKBTfF444
Old 08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
jatoracing33

nice...what fuel you runnin?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:02 PM
twomanytoys

Now if you can just keep the front end down and get a good speed run out of it. I clocked my 3.3 at about 62mph with stock tires and my 2.5 Jato with Yokohamas at 56mph. The 3.3 was not tuned lean so I think I could have got more from it but I did not want to chance burning it up.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Nick2618

wow very nice. You need to keep the fornt end down thou.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Oliver_Klozov

Well now that the wheelie bar is broken off it seems to hold the ground better b/c there is less weight pulling the back end down. The batter pack is in the middle and other than that the next step is some weights in the front end. The lead weights they sell at plane and train hobby shops work great thats what i have to use in the rc10gt. I also moved the battery pack to the front shock tower and it still wheelies at high speed. With the tz eb modded the jato lost 8 ounces of weight so about a half pound. The 3.3 with the ez start weights over 15 ounces and the tz weights 7. So the weight change has made a huge difference the car is about 10% lighter just with the motor change. Oh yah the car changes gears in about 25 feet now vs the 200 feet it took with the 3.3. We didnt change the shift point just the motor and its a huge difference. I mean huge. Did i tell you guys how big of a difference it made. The car is around 30%+ faster up to 60 mph and it will hit 70 with tuning. We didn't do any tuning to the motor just ran it for break in and a couple of high speed pass's.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Oliver_Klozov

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

nice...what fuel you runnin?

Thats blue thunder 20% b/c we had more blue thunder than O'donnell or else it would have been Odonnell.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like blue thunder better than odonnell.

nice vid, i would like to drive side to side with my truck one day! my tires balloon a real lot, if i hit 67mph it would rip up. but thats with bow ties.

say, what tires are you running?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Oliver_Klozov

Those where crappy anacondas and the OFNA 1/8th scale foam buggy on-road tires are on order as are the 17mm hex adapters from integy.