Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Fuel Tube

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Santacruz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tube

Why do people wrap tons of fuel tupe around in circles to attach into their exhaust chamber ? whats wrong with a bit just long enough ?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:49 PM
digifox

Default RE: Fuel Tube

IDK..

i use just enough that if it gets a tear in it i can cut it off and it still work
Old 08-22-2007, 02:26 PM
twomanytoys

It helps with fuel bubbling up. Also if you use a longer fuel tube for the carb it will stay running longer in case of a roll over.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:08 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

It helps with fuel bubbling up. Also if you use a longer fuel tube for the carb it will stay running longer in case of a roll over.

wrong tube...hes talkin bout the tube from the pipe to the tank...and i have no clue why so much
Old 08-22-2007, 05:05 PM
twomanytoys

Yes I know. If you use longer line from pipe to tank it helps with foaming. I have had this problem with my T maxx and a picco big block. They said the engine was giving too much pressure and to add about 6-8 more inches of line to keep the pressure low. I did it and it worked. Its mostly for bigger motors with restrictive exhaust. If you use the right exhaust for the motor that problem wont happen. Its like if you had a big block motor and used a .12 small block exhaust the tank will build too much pressure and cause the gas to bubble because there is no where else for the pressure to go. If you put longer fuel line it restricts the pressure going into the tank. The longer the line the more restriction to pressure you have.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 PM
kxbeastrider

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

Yes I know. If you use longer line from pipe to tank it helps with foaming. I have had this problem with my T maxx and a picco big block. They said the engine was giving too much pressure and to add about 6-8 more inches of line to keep the pressure low. I did it and it worked. Its mostly for bigger motors with restrictive exhaust. If you use the right exhaust for the motor that problem wont happen. Its like if you had a big block motor and used a .12 small block exhaust the tank will build too much pressure and cause the gas to bubble because there is no where else for the pressure to go. If you put longer fuel line it restricts the pressure going into the tank. The longer the line the more restriction to pressure you have.
You hit the nail on the head. I was having issues with flame outs when on the track after I rolled over. Fixed that issue quickly.