Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Do i need Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
townsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need Oil?

I just bought a rc10gt and i was wondering if i had to put oil in it or anything like that. it rus on blue thunder %20. please reply i dont wanna blow it up
Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
rclynx

Default RE: Do i need Oil?

Oil comes from your fuel and runs through your crank case / Thats why its so important to purge the fuel from the engine and use run after oil to keep it from rusting[&o] theres a lot involved but you need'nt worry about oil in the engine
Old 08-24-2007, 09:35 AM
NirtoRuslter09

its called after run oil like he said you take out the air filter and drop and 3-4 drops of after run oil in and its done ( make sure there is no fuel in the car/truck when you put it in) and if have a pull start or a ez start then after you put the oil in u pull or ez start it to get the oil down in the engine
Old 09-11-2007, 04:20 AM
pridenojoy

after run oil is a savior! 20% blue thunder is a killer. spend the extra couple bucks and get a better fuel. not tryin to flame blue thunder, i just hear its a cheap fuel that gums up engines.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 AM
digifox

ORIGINAL: pridenojoy

after run oil is a savior! 20% blue thunder is a killer. spend the extra couple bucks and get a better fuel. not tryin to flame blue thunder, i just hear its a cheap fuel that gums up engines.
so did i XP

but ye use after run oil after every run when you put it up,and running oil is in the fuel.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:37 PM
ben805

I used to put after-run oil after every session, usually I took out the glow plug and squeeze 5~6 drops onto the piston head, then crank it over a few times to get the piston/cylinder and everything lube up, but that sh1t is very messy. Now I just mix 4 to 5 drops directly into the gas tank when I'm done playing with the car(with about 1/5 of tank left), shake it a bit, and run it dry (NOT WOT, just crusing at part throttle).
Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
jatoracing33

i use traxxas fuel and no after run oil and wd 40 only for storage...my lhs told me to do so.......will this hurt my engine? plz say yes cuz i want an os .18 tz so bad
Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
twomanytoys

I use Sidewinder fuel so I dont need after run oil. When I put it away for the season I do a good cleaning and run about a half tank through and away it goes. Once spring hits I fill it up and after a few pulls it fires right up. I have used sidewinder on all my nitros and never had a problem and the inside of the crank cases look like new.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

The ONLY engine manufacture that recommends WD 40 is Traxxas all others tell you not to use it! WD 40 is a water displacement so it does not get the moister out of your engine. After run oil absorbs moister. Now what a person does is up to them but for the $2 to $3 a bottle of after run oil cost and last a long time I sure will not take a chance as the after run oil is a WHOLE lot cheaper then an engine. Sorry will never run Sidewinder again and yes I have tried it. Take your engine apart and look at all the brownish build up. Might not hurt but I like taking my engines apart to check after running Byron and it is clean. If you are running blue thunder I sure hope you are running the Race blend and not the sports blend!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
twomanytoys

Hey 46 whats the article that you posted about oil %.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:32 PM
46u

The only thing I do not recommend in the article is they have what I think is a miss print as they have one sentence that says above 15% and I think they meant above12% as I know I will never run above 12%. I all so do not recommend anything under 10% unless you are a great engine tuner!!!! All so look at the heading right above what I think is a miss print! The only reason I believe in the articles is I learned from experience before I ever read the articles.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Explore/...ArticleID=1385
http://www.*********.org/understanding_fuel.htm
http://www.racewayatv.com/rc-car/rc-...-car-fuel.html
Check them out very good reading.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 AM
rclynx

The ONLY engine manufacture that recommends WD 40 is Traxxas all others tell you not to use it!
Thats a rather interesting statement seeing as how Traxxas is the leading manufacturer of RC in the world and also the #1 seller..............They must really be dumb, I'm really suprised 46U isn't on the board so he could straighten them out[&o]
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Nick2618

Has anyone figured out how much oil is in top fuel made by traxxas?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:00 PM
twomanytoys

Yes traxxas may be the biggest manufacture of rc but who has the most complaints by far for motors going bad? You dont see many HPI, OFNA, Noverossi etc.... going bad like the traxxas motors.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: rclynx

The ONLY engine manufacture that recommends WD 40 is Traxxas all others tell you not to use it!
Thats a rather interesting statement seeing as how Traxxas is the leading manufacturer of RC in the world and also the #1 seller..............They must really be dumb, I'm really suprised 46U isn't on the board so he could straighten them out[&o]

Are they really telling you what is best or are they trying to sell more engines? Ask any engine manufacture other then Traxxas about WD 40 and see what they say. I will never own a Traxxas because they do not care about the hard core RC person which normally only does kits which Traxxas has not done in a while! Traxxas for the most part caters to the people new to RC as this is the biggest market. Most are only in the hobby for a short time.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:14 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: nick2618

Has anyone figured out how much oil is in top fuel made by traxxas?
WAY TO MUCH!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: 46u

Traxxas for the most part caters to the people new to RC as this is the biggest market. Most are only in the hobby for a short time.
yep...thats how they suckered me into gettin a dumb jato...i saw 65mph and went crazy[&o] and the amount of problems ive had would make anybody else quit altogether, but since i like it so much ill just get something better
Old 09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
46u

Do not believe everything manufactures claims. Just like most engine specifications are a mathematical guess and is why some do not list RPM or horsepower. It is all nothing but a marketing scheme!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
jatoracing33

Do not believe everything manufactures claims. Just like most engine specifications are a mathematical guess and is why some do not list RPM or horsepower. It is all nothing but a marketing scheme!!!!!!!

where were you last december? if only i had someone to tell me they suck...
Old 09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ONLY engine manufacture that recommends WD 40 is Traxxas all others tell you not to use it! WD 40 is a water displacement so it does not get the moister out of your engine. After run oil absorbs moister. Now what a person does is up to them but for the $2 to $3 a bottle of after run oil cost and last a long time I sure will not take a chance as the after run oil is a WHOLE lot cheaper then an engine. Sorry will never run Sidewinder again and yes I have tried it. Take your engine apart and look at all the brownish build up. Might not hurt but I like taking my engines apart to check after running Byron and it is clean. If you are running blue thunder I sure hope you are running the Race blend and not the sports blend!
i agree 1000%, i said the same thing about afo absorbing moisture and was ripped in half about it. it does mix with moisture and will turn a milky color, wd40 will just push the moisture somewhere else.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

Traxxas for the most part caters to the people new to RC as this is the biggest market. Most are only in the hobby for a short time.
yep...thats how they suckered me into gettin a dumb jato...i saw 65mph and went crazy[&o] and the amount of problems ive had would make anybody else quit altogether, but since i like it so much ill just get something better
Not saying the jato is the best truck out there but it will do 65... And it was a lot better then my first truck...
Old 09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
jatoracing33

65 in a straight line then it take 10 miles to stop