Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

picco jato

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
jasytosy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picco jato

what will i need to get to fit a picco .26 max into the jato cause i know its a direct replacement for the t-maxx and revo and the t-maxx has about the same space as my jato around the engine plus the picco is a medium block so i dont think i need a big block conversion so do you guys think the picco will fit perfectly or with slight modification
Old 08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: picco jato

u need a big block mount........

the picco is a mid size but uses big block mounts and no its not a direct drop in for the TMAXX or the REVO but need the specal motor mount.........the reson the picco drops right in with the motor mount(on the tmaxx and revo) and other motors dont is becuase of the SG shaft on the picco 26 its shorter than all other big blocks on the market.......

geting that 26 in the jato is going to need some work.........4starters ur gonig to need a big block motor mount of some kind and make you own holes to mount it ..........i did it with a mugen MBX5T motor mount but that motor is bump start ull need something you can use the bckplate.......
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
jasytosy

so basically all i need to do is buy a picco .26 mount for the t-maxx and drill holes in the chassis, by the way the ez start fits on the picco.
whatever happens i will make it fit me want fast, very fast, 3.3 is very slow 65 mph = not fast enough for me i want uncontroleable power plus i can just buy an extended chassis
Old 08-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Nick2618

If you put that engine in the jato you will blow out gears in your tranny all the time.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:09 PM
twomanytoys

You can try a Picco 21 max or an os 21 tm. I would not go any bigger . The picco 21 max has almost as much hp as the picco 26. I would have to agree that if you put anything bigger than the os18 or even the 21 you will break all kinds of parts.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
jasytosy

how will my gears go seen as they are solid metal and in a revo that easily handles a picco has plastic gear
im just saying that if a t-maxx is meant to easily hold it then shorely a jato that does have better gears than a t-maxx (cause ive seen inside both transmissions) should also easily handle it, unless your talking about the top speed cause i dont intend on going full throttle for more then five seconds with this engine.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
twomanytoys

I had a Picco in my t maxx and I had to replace alot of gears. Not in the diffs but in the tranny. Also I was twisting drive shafts and the size of the jato shafts are about half the size as a t maxx or revo. At least with the t maxx and revo you can buy better gears to handle the extra hp but there is no aftermarket for the Jato tranny. Usually its second gear that goes in the Jato even with the 3.3.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:32 PM
jasytosy

i can buy cvd titanium driveshafts so they're not a proble and do you think if i kept the engine rich and turned the throttle trim down so it didnt go full speed do you think it would be safe then, plus my second gear doesnt work anyway in my jato it died a long time ago
Old 08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
twomanytoys

If thats the case get a single speed conversion, gear it up adn you will still reach speeds in the 60's but get there alot quicker.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Hoese37

Wont be much faster because the Picco tops out at 34000 rpm, the trx is at 38000 to 40000.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:05 AM
jasytosy

i suppose single speed would be quite good for the picco, the reason i need the picco is because it can fit the ez start plus does the single speed conversion make the 1st gear better than it already is because my second gear doesnt work anyway so oisnt it already single speed.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Hoese37

Single speed conversion will change gear ratios to somwhere in between 1st and 2nd gear. Look at getting an os 18tm or 21tm.