Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

I need a new starter what works the best.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

I need a new starter what works the best.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:23 PM
townsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a new starter what works the best.

I need a new starter my pull start just broke i would like to know what i should get? I am thinking of going electric any ideas?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:23 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I need a new starter what works the best.

i would stick to a pullstart, if you do anything else you will have to carry it, always have a charged battery, if not get a rotostart system, i am not too sure what one you will need since i dont know what you have, i think your talking about the rc10gt.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:35 PM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need a new starter what works the best.

It would be helpful to know what truck or engine, for that matter, that you're talking about. As for a starting system, I'd say stick with the pull start if you're a basher. I say this because like ehroof said, it's one more thing to carry and worry about as far as the battery dying. The only other starter I'd get if you have the money would be a starter box because they run off of larger, longer-lasting batteries. Although it is something more to carry, it only requires you to have a dead backplate on the back of the engine. With a pull start you don't have that and it creates "drag" on the engine just like any backplate besides a dead one will do. This allows you to get more performance out of your engine. I'd say go with either of those routes.