I need some help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help please

Yes it is I agian, with my crappy nitro sport. I ditched the easy start glow plug cord and invested in a Glow plug ignitor and 14 hours of charge time to find that It dosnt work. glow plug glows bright but when I screw it in It the ez start just turns the engine and nothing happens. I guess im asking for help because I dont want my investment of 320 CAD to go down the drain. Im never going to buy another nitro power vehicle because traxxas ruined the experience for me. Electric for me for now and forever so yeah if somone knows how to fix this thing please post cause well 320 is alot to a 14 year old.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
niteblaster

Default RE: I need some help please

Do both green lights light up on the eazy start when you used the blue wire instead of the glow warmer? With mine I had to take the air filter out and cover the hole with my finger to choke the engine in order to get it to start. Also try adding a few small drops of nitro straight into the carb where the air filter goes and then try starting the engine, mine got vapor locked or something and wouldn't start for 2 weeks until I put the nitro in this way then the carb started to suck fuel again.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 PM
jatoracing33

check for carb leaks and make sure you installed the washer on the plug. also, if your fuel is old get rid of it and get new fuel (not traxxas if possible...bryons and odonnell are best if you can get it)
Old 08-27-2007, 07:12 PM
angus67

um.... first things first, did you put your finger over the stinger so fuel would go to the carborator? 14 hours is a long time to charge a stick. mine only takes six. did you buy the kind of stick that comes with a charger? or do you have the kind with the battery that comes out and you charge it in a charger? If you have the kind of stick that came with its own charger, you might have burned it up,it might glow, but not be hot enuf.but the other charge kind do take that long. Are ALL the coils in the plug glowing? sometime this matters. I use Mcoy's #59 in my 3.3, and not all the coils light, but it works. If you still have the original plug that you broke the motor in with, it might be dead. like I said, sometimes All of the coils have to light up. also, did it start with the blue wire? and if your running rich, it could be flooded. take the plug out, and using the EZstart, turn the whole truck upside-down, and turn the motor over for a few second, this should clear the motor out, put the plug back in and put the stick on the plug and wait for like, idk, 30 seconds and then put your finger over the exhaust so fuel goes to the carborater, and right when it gets to the carb, take finger off and it should start. if it starts and dies a bunch of times, put your mixtures back to stock, just to get it to run again, then tune it again. good luck.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

no need im selling it for a hopped up electric pede. thanks anyways guys.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:31 PM
angus67

glad I could help. sheesh. wonder if he even tried again
Old 08-30-2007, 12:07 AM
zeddfirstwizard

Doubt it they expect everything to fall into their hands this is called A hobby for A reason its not A toy but A mans play thing lol. Just wait till he frys A couple of batts charging them for 14 hrs??????/ or frys A esc or A receiver cause he didn't watch the amps the motor drew it all has its advantages and disadvantages just try and try again that's how you learn. If it was easy there would be trained monkeys doin it! lol