RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
ajk2649

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: nitrorevo

I think I said about 60mph, and you should hit that after complete breakin. Try the lower gearing like I mentioed. It may allow the engine to wind out more, and actually give better top end. The 30% will help as well.
Yeah know I have run into a new problem. One of the engine mount bolts stripped and I just cant seem 2 get it off 2 replace it. The problem that brings is I cant use other gearing cuz I cant move the engine mount 2 adjust my gear mesh. anyone have any ideas on how 2 get the bolt out?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
jbrobertsonjr

here we go one minute it runs fine the next minute it runs like crap ,sorry was kinda upset,was in a hurry thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 PM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

well i have my first problem with the jato i run up my street after warm up runs fine pulls the wheels then after the second tank of fuel it like one minute run like heck then run bad as if it can not get in the rpms ,if you ease it around for a while it runs strong again as if nothing is wrong help i am stunned one minute it runs good then runs bad.
I dont know about anyone else but I have a hard time understanding what you are saying.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jbrobertsonjr I'm also having a bit of a hard time understanding you. But I think you said that on the second tank it bogs down for awhile. If you keep the car running while your putting fuel in it you will have unburnt fuel in the motor. Then when your done refilling and you go to take off the motor bogs. Try leaning out the low speed needle a bit and you should not have the problem again. I hope that's what you wwere talking about.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
jbrobertsonjr

one minute its starving for fuel wont hardly run you can slow down and idle it around then try it again and it runs fine thanks guys.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 AM
jbrobertsonjr

i want to run blue thunder 30% in my jato 3.3 , i broke the motor in on 20 % fuel , will i have to change anything , i heard about some shims , i know i will have to adjust the carb but what else . and thanks for all the help.[>:]
Old 04-11-2009, 10:39 AM
nitrorevo

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

I think I said about 60mph, and you should hit that after complete breakin. Try the lower gearing like I mentioed. It may allow the engine to wind out more, and actually give better top end. The 30% will help as well.
Yeah know I have run into a new problem. One of the engine mount bolts stripped and I just cant seem 2 get it off 2 replace it. The problem that brings is I cant use other gearing cuz I cant move the engine mount 2 adjust my gear mesh. anyone have any ideas on how 2 get the bolt out?
Local hardware store $20 bucks. I shim screw was stripped in my shaft and I couldn't get the CB off. After 2hrs trying everything. I picked up this set from hardware store. 2 min. and done.

http://www.4grabit.com/Default.asp?g...dEylVSw&bhcp=1
Old 04-11-2009, 12:18 PM
quietnas1

Nice set of tools. Will have to invest in that for sure.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:05 PM
rcphanatik

Yo guys, i haven't been on 4 awhile, but i got my brake working perfect and everything seems fine, so its time for some closer tuning.
When i was running it today, it worked a-OK for about eight minutes, but then the engine bogged down a whole lot and i couldn't crank it all of the way up to top speed. i think that i may have been running it a bit hot and i did that weird drop of water on the engine head thing and it boiled off in about 4-5 seconds. does anybody have any ideas?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:41 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: rcphanatik

Yo guys, i haven't been on 4 awhile, but i got my brake working perfect and everything seems fine, so its time for some closer tuning.
When i was running it today, it worked a-OK for about eight minutes, but then the engine bogged down a whole lot and i couldn't crank it all of the way up to top speed. i think that i may have been running it a bit hot and i did that weird drop of water on the engine head thing and it boiled off in about 4-5 seconds. does anybody have any ideas?
Sound like you over heated. You can also tell your over heating by the idle of the engine. If it becomes a little high pitch and tends to rev uniform but high then you definantly over heated. Just try to richen the HSN a bit and you should be ok. I know the 3.3 is a little tricky thats why I went to an OS motor. You pretty much tune once and it will hold a tune for almost an entire gallon of nitro. Good Luck.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: rcphanatik

Sound like you over heated. You can also tell your over heating by the idle of the engine. If it becomes a little high pitch and tends to rev uniform but high then you definantly over heated. Just try to richen the HSN a bit and you should be ok. I know the 3.3 is a little tricky thats why I went to an OS motor. You pretty much tune once and it will hold a tune for almost an entire gallon of nitro. Good Luck.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:46 PM
quietnas1

Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 PM
quietnas1

OH MY GOD sorry for the multiple posts my phone was acting crazy.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 AM
jbrobertsonjr

well i fixed my problem ,the fuel tank was not sealing when you fuel it with the body on ,i have to make sure the lid is all the way closed, you guys have not talked to me in a while i hope i have not made you all mad at me. thanks for all the help.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 AM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

well i fixed my problem ,the fuel tank was not sealing when you fuel it with the body on ,i have to make sure the lid is all the way closed, you guys have not talked to me in a while i hope i have not made you all mad at me. thanks for all the help.
Yeah I noticed I got to push the fuel door down with my finger sometimes. I see how that could have caused your issue to to not enough pressure in the tank. Glad you figured it out. And bro you didnt make anybody mad. lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 AM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

Local hardware store $20 bucks. I shim screw was stripped in my shaft and I couldn't get the CB off. After 2hrs trying everything. I picked up this set from hardware store. 2 min. and done.

http://www.4grabit.com/Default.asp?g...dEylVSw&bhcp=1
You know I saw that on tv and thought about it but thought It was prolly BS like most things they sell on TV. So I take it you have used it and it worked for you .
Old 04-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

guys i know this is a really inaccurate way of measuring speed, but i have to know how fast my stock jato 3.3 is going!! please someone!!
here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jl9R...e=channel_page

thanks for any reply!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:15 AM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

guys i know this is a really inaccurate way of measuring speed, but i have to know how fast my stock jato 3.3 is going!! please someone!!

thanks for any reply!

I would say about 60mph on some of your faster runs. I would rocomend tightning the slipper clutch a little you have way to much slipage.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
quietnas1

Well just got some new MIP CVD's for my Jato and boy oh boy do the look nice. No more broken plastic CVD's. Why would they put plastic ones on the Jato I just don't get it. They did work pretty good though until I started adding more power. Any ways I have not run it yet cuz I gotta take the truck apart and clean it. But MIP's have worked great on My RC10GT's and have lasted for years.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

ORIGINAL: Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

thanks for any reply!

I would say about 60mph on some of your faster runs. I would rocomend tightning the slipper clutch a little you have way to much slipage.
Well i wouldnt say 60 but maybe 45-50. I have a rader gun and b4 ever getting one I thought 4 sure I was going a lot faster then I really was. It looks 2 be so fast cuz of the size of the truck. if it were in full size you would really notice the difference. Its best 2 just get a radar gun and know 4 sure and you would be suprised 2 know your real speed. It also looks like you are running really rich. U can lean it out 4 sure. Traxxas claims 65+mph from a stock Jato but thats under great conditions outside and a really great tune which guys at traxxas I am sure are able 2 do. Also I have never seen any radar proof from Traxxas with speeds like that. I have no doubt its more then able 2 hit speeds like that being stock but you really have 2 have it tuned 2 a T. I have heard from many people that a nitro engine runs best and fastest right b4 you blow it being tuned just perfect is almost a little more lean then you want 2 run 4 every day running. But of course runs fast and strong. If you look on youtube, Mike peperini has a vid of his stock jato hitting 64mph I think it is and that guy knows a ton about tuning and rc cars in general. check out some of the vids.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 PM
quietnas1

I got to agree with ajk. I was going by what Jato does and trying to judge yours. I don't have a Radar gun yet but my phone has a GPS tracker with a MPH gaudge that records the max speed. I strapped on the phone to the Jato and got a best I got was 68 mph and it was leaned out quite a bit but not to much. I'm sure I could have gotten more but I don't like to run my motors way to lean especially when I run my car every day. If anyone can give me some tips on how to post on youtube. I would love to post just don't know how to.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
quietnas1

I meant I was going by what my Jato does and trying to judge yours.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:31 PM
ajk2649

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

I got to agree with ajk. I was going by what Jato does and trying to judge yours. I don't have a Radar gun yet but my phone has a GPS tracker with a MPH gaudge that records the max speed. I strapped on the phone to the Jato and got a best I got was 68 mph and it was leaned out quite a bit but not to much. I'm sure I could have gotten more but I don't like to run my motors way to lean especially when I run my car every day. If anyone can give me some tips on how to post on youtube. I would love to post just don't know how to.
Its easy 2 post vids. If you dont have an account you will have 2 make one. It doesnt take long at all. Once you have made one and you are logged in, At the top right of the screen you will see your user name, Just click on your user name. the next screen from there you will see on the top left by the Youtube logo has a bunch of options that you can click. adn there you will see where it says upload. When you start playing with it a bit more and figure it out you can edit and do different things with it and add captions and all sorts of things. Let me know if you have any questions about it and be sure 2 post the link on here so we can all see ur vid.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

thanks for all the replys guys!!! but i have a problem, if i lean it 1/8 of a turn the idle gets higher and i dont know why, that is why i dont run it leaner is this normal??

thanks, and my best regards!!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:06 AM
quietnas1

Well I know if you lean out the LSN the idle will go up a bit but leaning out your HSN should not have anything to do at all with the idle. I know the 3.3 can be a bit tricky. I had gotten used to it after a bit but you cannot go wrong with an OS motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.