RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
chris6414
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

Hey guys. I just came in from some HS passes to get this 3.3 tweaked in some more. I am now in there. My question though is about slipper clutch adjustment. As I got closer to the right power setting, ever other pass would seem to shift into second and then out again as it went screaming by with the rear tires ballooning. [X(] What I mean is the motor would come down as it shifted and then started to rev up like normal, then it would rise up what sounded like 3000 RPM. I never let off the gas and the topend seemd the same at the end of the pass. So I either lost traction when she came in the power in second or something was slipping or it popped out of second. I'm guessing the tires lost grip as it is only about 60 out and the pavement is older but smooth. I am running some half worn anacondas. Any ideas? The tires were warm and few wheelies were prevalent. Could have maybe been a little exhaust oil on the left rear tire as well. I had been running her rich. The launches are great and just rich enough not too bog and not pop the front end off on every throttle mash so I don't think it is the slipper. It seems to be adjusted right with just enough slippage for my taste. This thing is just stupid fast. Thank god I got my brakes to work good now. [&:]

Chris
Old 11-07-2008, 02:20 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got me a jato 3.3 with a bummed motor apparently they ran it without breaking it in split the rod in to trashed the piston got a trx 2.5r on it few aluminum parts still fast
Old 11-07-2008, 05:05 AM
RC-Captain

I have a Jato that is fairly new , I had it for about 6 runs then moved onto the L8T for some competition fun . I am damn near giving it away , if you are interested email me and we will talk. (must have paypal to purchase) .

CAP
Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Nesal

Can anybody tell me what i need to put an os.18 cv-rx in my jato? What parts would I need and would would it be a direct fit? Im guessing no but would like to know! How hard would it be to put it in? thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 05:20 AM
RC-Captain

if i were you i would compare the specs of the existing engine with the OS engine you are trying to install in the JATO. IE shaft length, foot print measurment, width of motors, etc. Some things will match up some may not.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:42 PM
devo208

Its a direct fit all you have to do is try it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95395.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1069584   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44346.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1069585  
Old 11-11-2008, 02:29 PM
FastestJato

what do you think about the engine for JATO ???
Better faster ?? better acceleration ??
Old 11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Nitro-4 Tec 3.3

guys are jaco foam tires better on-road than anacondas??

here are the links: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVCB0&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVCA7&P=7
Old 11-11-2008, 07:20 PM
devo208

jaco tire hook much better because they are foamies NO balooning like rubber tires, they are on my jato
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39857.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1070415  
Old 11-12-2008, 01:21 AM
RCBROKER

Hey Guys,I have a spectrum 3.0 in my Jato and im able to go 50feet until in goes in failsafe.Any ideas?

Jato with o.s .21 vz-r turbo 2 extended chasis and revo gears(ZOOOOOOM) for 50 feetlol
Old 11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
mikeeternal

ORIGINAL: dittch

ORIGINAL: deepsouthoutlawracer

hey, i am havingproblems keeping my jato running, performing, and idling smooth.

at idle it could be fine and then all of a sudden i t goes wacko and starts acting like its a full throttle.
that or i will barely adjust the throttle trim on the controller from where it was fine(adjusted to try and get power) and then it does the previous mentioned.

and when it runs smooth it will be sluggish and not performing.

on the rarity when it does run fine its at like 250-260 cylinder head temp. is this good as long as there is blue smoke?
when you adjust the idle is it being turned down while going clockwise or counter?

so i would like some tips on the whole deal.
I'm talking the 3.3 engine here. Turning the idle screw clockwise raises the idle, counterclockwise lowers it. You want it so the carb has an opening about 1/16 inch. High speed needle (one on top) is about 4 turns out from closed, low speed needle is almost flush with carb body, maybe one turn in from there. Run it and adjust from there. If your car is going wacky, sounds like your radio is having issues.
i am having the same problems as this guy, its not the radio, i have chalked it up to a poor break in, as i got it second handed also my brakes isnt working, who knows....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
mikeeternal

ORIGINAL: stinkypinky

[:@]you should get this pipe right away....right.......now.
i have this one but i dont know what i want to put it on...jato, nitro sport, 1/8 raminater, revo 3.3, or the stampede....to many options
Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 AM
f0rb3s

ORIGINAL: mikeeternal

ORIGINAL: dittch

ORIGINAL: deepsouthoutlawracer

hey, i am havingproblems keeping my jato running, performing, and idling smooth.

at idle it could be fine and then all of a sudden i t goes wacko and starts acting like its a full throttle.
that or i will barely adjust the throttle trim on the controller from where it was fine(adjusted to try and get power) and then it does the previous mentioned.

and when it runs smooth it will be sluggish and not performing.

on the rarity when it does run fine its at like 250-260 cylinder head temp. is this good as long as there is blue smoke?
when you adjust the idle is it being turned down while going clockwise or counter?

so i would like some tips on the whole deal.
I'm talking the 3.3 engine here. Turning the idle screw clockwise raises the idle, counterclockwise lowers it. You want it so the carb has an opening about 1/16 inch. High speed needle (one on top) is about 4 turns out from closed, low speed needle is almost flush with carb body, maybe one turn in from there. Run it and adjust from there. If your car is going wacky, sounds like your radio is having issues.
i am having the same problems as this guy, its not the radio, i have chalked it up to a poor break in, as i got it second handed also my brakes isnt working, who knows....

sounds like an air leak... check the carb, they tend to work loose, also make sure ur fuel lines are in good shape and the exhaust coupler is good,
Old 11-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Evan T.

i just got some jaco tires and they make kind of a weird sound when you powerslide lol do you no what i mean
Old 11-24-2008, 12:56 AM
ajk2649

Well you seem 2 know what you are talking about so I will ask you.do you know if the OS 12 TZ spec II is a drop in 4 the jato and if not how hard would it be 2 put it in? also wanna go with a buku pipe. Do you think all of that is worth the money? I have the money so thats no problem.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 PM
rcphanatik

hey, i'm new to the Jato scene,but thank goodness i finally have some experience w/nitro. i'm getting (soon) a slightly used Jato 3.3 off Ebay that has been broken in correctly, but should i break it in again? i don't know if the seller has been running it lately, and where i am right now it is 30-50 degrees (really cold). [X(] also, how well do all of your ez-starts work, i've used a friends Revo, but it hates to start up.

Also, not including tires (got plenty), should i upgrade too much? i've looked at the low-mass drivetrain thing but i'm not sure it does too much. Are new shocks helpful? new pipe?

P.S. money is an object for me.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:47 PM
rcphanatik

Thanks F0rb3s, the same Revo has had the same problem, i never knew that a loose carb could be the trouble.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:08 PM
bullittube

hi i have not got a jato yet but will be after Christmas can u help me out with this plz thanks : y do some diff oils say 20wt and some 60,000wt is the 20wt actually 20,000wt or is the 60,000wt actually way way way thicker then the 20wt??? sorry for noob post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 AM
f0rb3s

20 wt is just that... 20,000 wt is way thicker
and enjoy the jato... they r a blast
Old 12-11-2008, 01:44 PM
bullittube

Thanks f0rb3s ordered some 60,000wt!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 PM
rcphanatik

I'm all happy now that i won the bid. $195 for the Jato! What a steal! it came with a bright orange body that i may or may not have to change out for it's flashy-ness. it still looks sweet.[>:]

have any of you heard of the vantage carbon fiber stuff. it looks really top end, just so much that the price is killer.

i've been looking for wing mounts, and looked at the stuff said earlier in the post, and i found some wing mount/roll cage from integy. it looks sturdy, but the cage part looks a bit cheapish. of course, i haven't seen it up close. does anybody have some experience with that?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:45 AM
f0rb3s

run from integy products.. unless its the carbon fiber disc brake,,,
the carbon chassis looks great, but i have heard from several people that it doesnt disapate heat
from the bottom of the mill....
now if u r lookin at the carbon fiber arms from traxxas.... exo carbon...
they are simple stock parts with a sticker on them to look like cf...
Old 12-12-2008, 07:21 PM
rcphanatik

so yes on integy, but no on exo-carbon and vantage?

are the 23mm wheel hexes worth getting? i'm not sure how well the jato would run with such huge wheels on it, besides a lot slower acceleration.

is there a sort of standard mounting post for the wings on 10th scale nitro? i wouldn't know what wing to get to put on the integy.

there's another aluminium company- Golden Horizons -that makes jato aluminium for less. is it still quality?

my jato will get here in about a week!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:09 AM
f0rb3s

me personally, i wouldnt use integy anything except the brake kit, vantage makes great products but i wouldnt use a cf chassis.
as for aluminum... i dont recomend it unless its the brake linkage levers..
what happens with alum is u strengthen the arms and by doin so u put more pressure on the next weakest link... usually harder and more expensive to replace....
i know the thunder tiger buggy wing mount will work on the jato....
Old 12-13-2008, 01:53 PM
bullittube

i no i am a noob and i should keep my mouth shut but everything i have herd about the jato said the front wheels are normally off the ground so why would u wont 2 add a spoiler would that just worsen the problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.