0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

First Stadium Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
tommytheysohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Stadium Truck?

Well im looking for my first stadium truck. I have a tmxx but want something else. Ill be doing alot of bashing and alittle racing. Like 90% to 10%. Also my LHS has both hpi and traxxas parts so its up for grabs....

P.S. If other chosen, specife which model.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: First Stadium Truck?

My first stadium truck was an HPI Rush
Old 12-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Chris_RC

HPI Firestorm is a great basher and does ok at the track if it is like the E-Firestorm. There is a person who races an E-Firestorm will the aluminum shocks and light hopups in the highest truck class at my track and he does pretty good. The rustler is a 16 year old design, has a worse engine, worse deisgn, not as durable, cant race at all.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 PM
rcdudegermy10

I'd go firestorm out of the two listed
Old 12-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Montana Mike

MAn I am always in a RUSH!!!!! wanna race Chris?
Old 12-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Montana Mike

MAn I am always in a RUSH!!!!! wanna race Chris?
I seen the HPI Rushs promo video. [link]http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/nitrorush/rush-m.htm[/link]. It was shot at the track and didnt look too bad. I always thought the only gas truck competators were the xxx-nt, gt, and mugen mst-1.

I dont even run my xxx-nt anymore.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Montana Mike

why not?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
NitroNate

The Firestorm is definatly an underpriced truck.The engine is a dream to tune and powers the truck to kicken wheelies.Its as tough as nails and does pretty good at the track....I'd rate it like this: 100%(Bash)50%(Race)

The Firestorm will not dissapoint you....
The GT2 and the xxx-nt are also great trucks,but have a bit more money into them since they are race tuned.For your 90/10,bash/race ratio,the Firestorm is the obvious choice.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Montana Mike

But the Rush is still good, IMO
Old 12-21-2008, 08:39 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

I agree Mike the Rush is a good truck and is better than a rusty but it's not current.I would say you have a few options,you could get a storm and basically just run it with very little suspension tuning could be race worthy.The storm is one tough truck that can take a good beating with 0 issues.You could get a xxx-nt off the bay new for about same price or below the storm.The xxx-nt is more of a racer but for the $$$ there going for now I would defenetly look into one.One big plus on the xxx-nt over the storm is the radio.The xxx-nt will also hold it's own in bashing so don't think it's a racer only.Last for a reason is a Rusty It's a old old desighn with the worst plastic on the market.To even think about getting a rusty bash worthy you will need to spend some $$on every RPM part available.I can promise you one thing if you get the hpi or Losi you will have a top notch performer and be left wondering why you even considered a Traxxas rc.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Chris_RC

Actually the XXX-NT Sport RTR 2 is going for $200-$250 now on ebay and modelsportsus or something like that. It isnt just expensive because it is race bred. Like the sport was meant to bash and race at a club level, for real racing you use the AD2. That is why it has plastic parts which are really light but a little flexiable (you dont wanty a spongy truck for racing) and the AD2 has graphite. The NT RTR also has a computer radio, entry level servos, and a ball diff which is great if you build it right. The thigns that seperate the NT and the GT2 from the other its ability to race or bash without any upgrades. Mine is bone stock now. Just search ebay for xxx-nt new and modelsportss and they are going extremely cheap.

I dont run my XXX-NT anymore because my track, Thunderalleyrcraceway.com, doesnt race gas truck anymore and there is an air leak on the engien which I dont feel like fixing and I dont feel like running because I have a electric 2wd truck, XXX-T MF2, and an 8ight.