Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

slayer starter issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 PM
skywalker82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slayer starter issues

ok so i was breaking in my engine. and on the last break in tank i tried starting my slayer and im getting nothing starting isnt trying to turn over or anything. i checked to see if the engine was stuck or flooded and nothing. i then checked if the starter is getting power and it is. does anyone have any suggestions of whats wrong. could i have ruined the starter? any help would be much appreciated.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
kantfunkshin
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: slayer starter issues

Could be a couple of things. When I had mine I had a couple problems with it starting also. One could be the starter motor internal screws backed out and bound up the gears.
Another was the the motor kinda seized up (almost in the middle not even close to top dead center) so I took off the starter and left the one way bearing on and cranked it over with pliers to break it loose.
And one of the last problems I had with it not starting besides the glow plug or plug wire was the piston gets stuck top dead center, Traxxas includes instructions to fix that problem or you can get them from their website.
Also depending on how good of a battery is in your starting wand if it isnt charged fully, even if there is power going to starter motor, it might not be able to actually start it.
Hope this helps you.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:51 AM
skywalker82

the engine not stuck i can turn that with just my finger on the flywheel. i guess i will just give my wand a good charging for now.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
CarGuy7a

yeah if it's not your battery it may be the motor like said before.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:21 PM
skywalker82

your talking about the starter motor correct
Old 02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
kantfunkshin

Yes the starter motor. What happened to mine was a screw inside the starter motor case came loose and bound up the gears, it is a possibility that happened to yours also. From what I understand that happens a bit in the Slayers, also that the steering servo gears strip out real easy-I had to change mine out 3 times.

Try taking off the starter motor off the motor and use the wand to check to see it it will run. If it doesnt then there is the problem most likely or with your wires going to it.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
skywalker82

alright so got it off and it wont turn off of the motor. i check for power at the wires and it all has power.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 PM
kantfunkshin

Since it has power to the wires check for any wires that might have broken close to the starter motor. O also check the ground wire, had a friend that it broke off of his. If not it might sound like your starter motor is defective, in that case I would contact Traxxas customer service since it is new it would be under warranty and they can help you trouble shoot it or send you a new one. Hope you get up and running soon.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:28 PM
skywalker82

alright so i got it turning over and everything but the fuel isnt going anywhere and when i put my finger over the exhaust it looks like it goes the opposite way anyother suggestions. it was the starter that was burnt out
Old 02-21-2009, 09:31 PM
CarGuy7a

check your fuel lines and make sure you have them hooked to the tank correctly. the pulse line from the pipe goes to the tank cap and the other one, well you can pretty much figure it out from there.