Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Please help!!! Hpi firestorm

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:10 PM
matt_12787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!! Hpi firestorm

I am pretty new to the whole rc thing. I have had my Hpi firestorm. I bought it from a good friend and I know that it has been well taken care of and thats the only reason I didnt buy a new one. But he upgraded steering and throttle servos. I noticed that it was turning VERY wide turns on or off the gas. he told me to put the stock servo back in it. So I did but It still Makes very wide turns on or off the gas. Can someone Please help me because from vids I have seen it should make alot tighter of a turn. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]
Old 02-22-2009, 08:49 AM
rclynx

Default RE: Please help!!! Hpi firestorm

More than likely a TX adjustment................go to your LHS and they could probably show you in about 30 seconds
Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 AM
matt_12787

Thanks for the reply. Mylocal hobbie shop is closed until tuesday and I was hoping to get it fixed before then. Is there any way you could tell me what the Tx adjustment is and tell me what to do to it?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:43 AM
madmaxedwards

to make a tighter steering circle just turn the knob on the transmitter named D/R all the way clockwise, i dont know what D/R stands for but it makes a huge difference
Old 02-22-2009, 01:55 PM
matt_12787

Thanks alot man. I think the D/R dial on the radio fixed my problem. sucks that something so simple stumped me for so long. I looked in the HPI book and it dosnt even say what D/R stands for. does anyone know I am courious now.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM
madmaxedwards

its alright, the same problem had me stumped for ages too, the drawings of the transmitter in the manual are missing the D/R knob too, HPI should do something about that, bit rubbish![&:]
Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 PM
rclynx

Glad to see you got it fixed........I've been pretty busy so I didn't get back on till now. You didn't do to bad with yours. The best I ever saw was at a competition in a B main with 5 spots left and one of the top pro's got all pushed out of shape with his RC10 and threw his new TX on the ground.....truck kept turning wider and wider......LOL they were over $200 back then [:@] If it gives you trouble like it does a lot of us after your set up put a piece of tape over the wheel to keep it from moving without knowing whats going on