Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Roto-Start on Firestorm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
tylerqew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roto-Start on Firestorm?

Would it be worth it to buy a Roto Start to try and put on my Firestorm? I broke another pull start today and am about fed up.. I need a solution, does anyone think it will fit?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Roto-Start on Firestorm?

I would get a tiger drive instead of the hpi one.I don't know the part # for the hpi one since I use a pull start but look through the firestorm thread a few pages back and you will find it.I would look on the bay for a tiger drive that fit's the hpi g3.0 motor and go that route it's a much better unit.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
tylerqew

What's the difference? I have never used either of them. I saw the HPI one at my LHS yesterday, and i didn't know if it would fit or not because of the header. I later found out theat there are two different types. One like I saw on the Savage, and another that they didn't have in stock.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

The main differences between the two is the hpi one uses plastic internal gears and uses your stock owb.The tiger drive is all metal geared and uses it's own owb that will last forever unlike the hpi one.The tiger drive will come with everything needed except the drill,hpi one comes with everything but you use your stock owb for it to work.Both work but the tiger drive is a put it on and forget about it,hpi one will work for awhile then owb issues will arise.Hpi one is 87117 I will try to find a tiger drive one on the bay and send you a link.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:02 AM
jenfre

I converted my firestorm to the hpi rotostart system from the day i had received my firestorm. Since i already had the rotostart because i came with my rs4 i only had to by the parts you fix on the back of the engine. It works well i never had problem with it ! I think it is easier to prime the engine with a rotostar that ith a pull start system unless the fuel thank has a very goood primer !
Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 PM
tylerqew

Well I bought a (used) T-Maxx, and it already had an RB motor on it, so it didn't have the other Traxxas thing. I've only ever used a pull-start, and none of my fuel tanks have a prime button. I was just wondering if it was worth it, because I'm about to buy a Savage XL, and if it comes with the stuff, why not convert the FS to Roto too? Just thinking out loud. I will probably buy the HPI Roto-Start plate to go on the firestorm and then not worry about it.