Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

idle help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:31 PM
everyonelovesaB.J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle help

hey guys, i got a rc10 gt with a brand new stock motor AE.15, I broke it in then I couldn't get it running right so I took it to the local hobby shop and they got it running for me. They said I still need to adjust the idle though. My problem is that my engine starts fine idles really high then when it gets to temperature it still runs like a bat out of hell but the idle continually drops until it stalls. I've adjusted the screw so the idle was higher but its just way too high for my liking to keep it running.
Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
usa98030

Default RE: idle help

Check if its an air leak around the carb, exhaust pressure line or nozzle is dirty. You know just look for cracks
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 PM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

your idle should be set so the car doesn't move when it's idling. if you need it higher to start it, just adjust the throttle trim. as for air leaks, there are plenty of videos on youtube of how to check for them/seal them if you can't see any with just looking
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
everyonelovesaB.J

I have to hold the brakes no matter what idle setting it is at. I have been trying for like a week now to get it to sit still and idle but it just wont happen. I've also checked for air leaks and i got nothing so far
Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

check your clutch spring/shoes for draging..
Old 04-17-2009, 07:46 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Sounds like it's running lean on LSN. When you stop the truck after a couple passes, pinch the fuel line close to the carb. If it dies right away, it's too lean. It should idle up for about 3 seconds, then die. If it takes longer, it's too rich. When you adjust the Idle speed needle, adjust it so there is an opening of about 1/16 of an inch with the throttle closed.

+1 on checking the clutch shoes and springs as well. If they are dragging, then the truck will move at idle.

Also check to see, when you release the throttle and the servo returns to neutral, is the carb linkage binding at all or moving smoothly? This could create an issue as well.

Here's a tip I use, when you check the linkages, set your brakes so they engage slightly with the servo at neutral. It helps me to keep good control over the truck when I release the throttle. Just don't set it so they engage too hard, or you will have a problem keeping it under control.