Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Pipe size, stinger length ??? help.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Pipe size, stinger length ??? help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:39 AM
SAVAGEBANE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe size, stinger length ??? help.

hey everyone,
here it is...I was driving my HPI MT2 .15 with slick street tires on it the other day and drifted sideways straight into a pole. It broke my stock exhaust pipe at the point where it is bonded together( meaning i could glue it back together correctly ).

I happen to have a nitro rustler .15 with a pipe that is intact. the rustler pipe is almost an inch shorter and seems to be a bit bigger in diameter. also the stinger on the rustler pipe is shorter than the hpi pipe. since it fits i want to try it out on the hpi. (sorry no pictures)

what does the difference in pipe size/diameter have to do with the performance of an hpi .15 ?
Will a shorter in length pipe open up the top end or improve bottom end?

BTW for some reason this mt2 has no snap off the line. everything is in order as far as gearing, clutch shoes and carb. I have to feather the throttle off the line but then after 1/2 throttle it screams off pretty good. hsn is tuned right and if i touch the LSN it boggs and shuts off.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:17 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pipe size, stinger length ??? help.

A shorter pipe is good for top end. Alonger pipe is good for torque. Being that the replacement pipe is a little fatter a may notice a small differance in torque and a slightly bigger differance in top speed with the shorter pipe. You may also have to retune your motor.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pipe size, stinger length ??? help.

Oh forgot to mention the size of the stinger really does not make a differance in performance.