Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Rebuild rs4 mt or move on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
NiTeHaWk4787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuild rs4 mt or move on?

Hey, I've been using a HPI RS4 MT since 2001. I bought it at the time used from my friend so he probably got it in 2000, making it 9 years old. Needless to say, it's absolutely wrecked. Every piece of plastic or screw hole is cracked or stripped. There is however an aluminum chassis and aluminum front arms. I have a .15 OS CV-R in it at the moment. My question is, do you think I should rebuild it (strip it totally down and replace all the plastic) or just get a new platform? I'm in college so I haven't really cared until I thought about it the other day because I don't use it a ton right now (mostly because it was broken for a while). In terms of what I use it for, it would be mostly bashing (the nitro dirt track down the road closed *cries). I'm open to either stadium trucks, MT's or buggy's. My budget is pretty flexible, but I'd rather not go over $500, and I'd like to use my current engine if possible (if it's not RTR or anything). I've been thinking of getting a 1/8 MT lately but I'm just seeing what your suggestions are since I've been out of it for a while.

My two local hobby shops don't carry many parts, and the one that does is like a 40 minute drive away, which is fine if I was desperate. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Dan H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rebuild rs4 mt or move on?

I'd get something new. With your budget, you can get a pretty nice 1/8th RTR whether its a monster truck, buggy or truggy. I had a Nitro MT back in 2001 also and it was kind of junk. Would break almost everytime I ran it. RS4 MT2 resolved most of the issues but still cannot compare to a good 1/8th buggy.