Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:51 PM
ELK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!

i am looking into getting a nitro truck but dont know which one to start off with, i already have a electric rustler so i dont want another one of those.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need help!

You seem to like traxxas so a Nitro Rustler or a Jato are great. Also the HPI Firestorm or the 4Wd HPI MT2 would also be great choices as far as ST's go. The RC10GT2 would also be a good choise.. Are you looking to race or bash?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 AM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

HPI Firestorm is great to start out with. Especially if you like bashing, maybe even racing.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

I just got a slayer, love it, after adding swaybars, and modding the shock pistions, it is a great off roader... depends alot on what ya want t do with it really, just do your homework, and find something that suits your needs, if you like bashing go for something sturdy like a revo, or losi or hpi monster, if you wanna race go for an hpi losi or associated, if you want an all arounder traxxas, I could go on and on. If your budget can swing it try out a buggy or even a truggy, those are a blast and a half, being an owner of sevreral different brands, and having a model for almost every condition, I have played around alot, love my vehicles each and every one of the 8 I own, prefer the nitros even though they are a bit more maintenance. I can say all have their strengths and weaknesses. so research think, and determine what would work for you... for a first time nitro I would hioghly recommend a traxxas personally or even a duratrax. seeing as you already own a traxxas it might make repairs and rebuilding easier, plus the easy start system is great till you start to learn the ropes and move away from that and pull starters and go with a bump start setup...
Old 05-13-2009, 04:05 PM
ELK

right now i only have $300 so far
Old 05-13-2009, 04:59 PM
rclynx

You are already familure with the product and Traxxas is one of the best for information on break in and adjustments including vidio, online and phone support. Get yourself another Rusty, only nitro and find out why people like them so much. I'm an XTM guy but thats my best advise for a future in nitro
Old 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

An S-Maxx (2wd) or a T-Maxx (4wd) are more capable than a Rusty in terms of where you can run them.  If you want to run almost anywhere, go for a used T-Maxx.  You can get a good one for around $200 and a decent one that needs minor work for around $125 to $150.  They are great trucks and when you are learning how to tune, it might as well be on something that is used.  That way if you blow the engine with an incorrect tune, you won't kick yourself in the nuts as much.

I have a S-Maxx and absolutely love it.  It rarely breaks anything and the 2.5 holds a tune very well.

If you want to go Nitro Rusty, you can get a used one around $30 to $75 depending on its condition.  Well, that's Georgia prices anyhow, I can't say how much they go for up in CT.