Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Water damage!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
saltydawg30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water damage!!!

Wife sent her rusty into a large puddle. Servos are dried & working, but starter motor isn't. Anything I can try or is the starter motor shot?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:57 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Water damage!!!

I would first try putting a blow dryer or heat gun to it and blow some hot air through the vents in the electric mototr to make sure its dried out. If that does not work then you would need to buy a new. They are very inexpensive as well.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Brushed motors can run underwater; so water in the motor is not the culprit. However, if it was really dirty water it may have made the internals of the motor to dirty to get good connections. I would take the motor out, spray it out, and then try it. It should work fine.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:14 PM
saltydawg30

Got it! Seems something, possibly dirt, got into the motor and prevented the gears from spinning. Now I need to figure out how to water proof it.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

You don't have to worry about waterproofing the motor, like I said, they'll run underwater. As for waterproofing electronics like your receiver, a balloon is the easy way to go, but taking it apart and liquid taping the circuit board is the BEST way to go. Servos can be dipped in plasti dip and then just grease up the output part that turns(having a brain fart and can't think of the proper name).