Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

nitro rustler

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:00 AM
trout79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro rustler

I have a nitro rustler, it has ran great for about 2 months. But latelyafter it runs for about 10 minutes it losses about 50% of its power. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 AM
dittch
Banned

Default RE: nitro rustler

could you give some more details? What are the symptoms, is it bogging, etc? Also, how old is the motor? You said you have had it 2 months but did you get it used?

My buddy bought a new nitro rustler and within 2 months it started running pretty bad, didn't hold a tune, bogging, etc....was giving symptoms of an air leak. He's new to nitro, so I fixed it for him. I pulled the engine, cleaned it up. cleaned and sealed the carb, sealed the backplate and put in a new exhaust gasket. Also checked the head screws and made sure they weren't loose and it wasn't leaking. This is typically what I do before ever running a new engine. Many of them arrive with loose screws, poor sealing.His motor ran like a champ after Ididthat.

note: when I use the word "sealed", I mean I put a small amount of RTVsealant around the mating surfaces. For the carb, I put a very small bead of the sealant around the gasket on the base of the carb.

Your motor may need a once-over like my buddies did
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 AM
trout79

It actually seems like it needs rebuilt, but it still has plenty of compression. I did check the head screws, and they where fine. what it does is runsfine untilit gets a little warmer out,but the engine is not over heating it just serges in and out of power

Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 AM
trout79

Hey thanks, I just found the screw that holds the front of the exhaust on is very loose. And I would bet that is where my leak wa coming from