Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Help with Jato 3.3.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 05:51 PM
AnAlternateEgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Jato 3.3.

The car runs great while its moving, whether that be in my hand or on the ground. but as soon as the wheels stop the engine stops. I drove it earlier and it was doing fine, then i started talking to a guy for about 20 secs while it idled at my feet and it shut off. My easy starter was dead so i just now got to restart it and it was like this. Anybody with any help would be greatly appreciated. I just got this used yesterday but it was bought only new in march. Never been abused. Thanks for all your help.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Nesal

Default RE: Help with Jato 3.3.

By  what your saying I think its the clutch... If its stopping when you apply the brake its the idle and you should scre the idle screw IN (clockwise) a quarter to a half turn. try that, if the problem persists your clutch is probably messed up. Hope you get it fixed!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:40 AM
rclynx

Go through your tune up again. Sounds like its a bit rich, you know of course tuning is a constant thing because of vibration or even tempratures. Small block engines seem to need a lot more work than the big block as far as keeping it tuned. These things are a pain but a lot of fun with it. Good luck and HAPPY RC'en
Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
AnAlternateEgo

It was the clutch.  One of the spring and one of the shoes was broke in half.  Thanks for all the input.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:54 PM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: AnAlternateEgo

It was the clutch. One of the spring and one of the shoes was broke in half. Thanks for all the input.
That seems to be pretty common in Traxxas vehicles. My slayer clutch did the same thing except for the broken shoe. I've heard alot of stock clutch spring breakages.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:11 AM
**shradernator**

try tuning it