Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Jato 3.3 "Chassis top plate" replacement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato 3.3 "Chassis top plate" replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:06 PM
wizegi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato 3.3 "Chassis top plate" replacement

Hello everyone...I have a jato 3.3 with a crack in the top plate by one of the screws and I am trying to replace....having alot of difficulty in doing so, though....I think it would be easier to replace if I took of the motor, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get to the screws for it....is there a step by step guide for the top plate replacement anywhere...I have done a google search but to no avail...somebody please help...maybe there is a youtube video or something out there....

TIA
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jato 3.3

ORIGINAL: wizegi

Hello everyone...I have a jato 3.3 with a crack in the top plate by one of the screws and I am trying to replace....having alot of difficulty in doing so, though....I think it would be easier to replace if I took of the motor, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get to the screws for it....is there a step by step guide for the top plate replacement anywhere...I have done a google search but to no avail...somebody please help...maybe there is a youtube video or something out there....

TIA
Well first you must remove the roll bar, gas tank, antenna, and the throttle/ brake servo. Once you have all of that removed from the top follow the pics on the below. Once you are done removing the top plate you can then remove the steering servo. You do not have to remove the engine or anything else. To make it a little esier for me I do remove the front clip but it is not nesessary. Good Luck and let us know how it goes or if you need any additional help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20716.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1207664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62860.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1207665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86210.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1207666  
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot to mention you also have to remove the exhaust hanger screw before removing the top plate.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 PM
wizegi

Thanks for the input....I will give it a shot....hope I don't run into any problems...

Thanks again
Old 06-05-2009, 07:17 PM
devo208

oh you will
Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 AM
**shradernator**

what i do ever 30 of so runs is take my car all the way apart and inspect it and clean it.. and its really not that hard to take it apart and put it back together just be organized and use the diagrams for help...next time i take it apart im going to post a video hoping to help anyone