Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

XXX-NT AD2 ADAM DRAKE 2 discontinued?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

XXX-NT AD2 ADAM DRAKE 2 discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:02 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XXX-NT AD2 ADAM DRAKE 2 discontinued?

I have looked at the Losi web page and they do NOTshow this on there anylonger!...
It is not listed in there 2009 Catologe either.....

I will come up on there web page if you do a direct search but that is all.

Is it discontinued???? What the HEck.....
Seems like one of the best out there!!....

I have on and love it....

I am aware of the TQ chasis upgrade.... Perhaps they are comming out with a AD3?????

Anyone have the truth to this??

I think that this class is a blast to drive in(I have raced all except truggy)!>......
Going down the strait away, and having it start to ride a wheely!!....
Awsome fun...
Old 06-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: XXX-NT AD2 ADAM DRAKE 2 discontinued?

Yes, the AD2 is discontined. ROAR dropped the 10th gas truck class so don't expect to see a XXX-NT CR. The class is just dead.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Yes, the AD2 is discontined. ROAR dropped the 10th gas truck class so don't expect to seea XXX-NT CR. The class is just dead.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 PM
All The Way

ummm http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA0846

nobody said roar was smart... ..
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: All The Way

ummm http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA0846

nobody said roar was smart... ..
Since ROAR dropped gas truck and MT, there is really no reason for the sponsored drivers (Drake and Tebo mainly) to run competatively. I'm in Socal, and gas truck is DEAD over here, mianly because of all the supercross type layouts (Thunder Alley being a great example). Gas truck is fun, but people want bigger, faster, 4wd, handle better, and more durable these days. I predict another big mfg is going to make a gas truck (or an offbrand one) and revive gas truck as a class with only 2 main trucks (sorry MST-1 owners) will not survive for 20 years.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:20 PM
All The Way

way to turn this into another dead horse thread....anybody wants positive input or help can pm me. Im done with this place.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
vwdrew

Im new to racing and our local track and they still have the gas truck class going, there actually tring to get that class bigger than it is right now. I run a XXX-NT that im slowly turnng into a Drake 2. So what happens if say Iwas to show up at a track that doesnt run gas truck would they put me in a different class or just send me packing and not let me race. Right now Idont have the money to replace my NT and I am no where ready for a 1/8 scale truggy/buggy for racing,as it is right now when im on the track Inose plant off of every jump and I havent gotten to full speed yet so Iend the races 2 to 3 laps behind the rest of the guys, I thought this racing would be easy but I'm finding out its not at all easy.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Chris_RC

At most tracks, 1/8 is all they have so it will be very hard to compete with the 8th scales.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

what a bummer man. but it is true, 1/10 is dying. I'm in the SF bay area, and the only real dirt track around here is slightly small for 1/8th, and as far as races go they only race electrics. I just finished modding an XXXNTto an AD2 setup, and the thing is wicked fast, and light as hell, and the quick release rear hubs and wheels are awesome. it is just a well made vehicle, shame to see it pass on down the road.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
kochj

Well, I am aware that there has been a electric CRAZE right now..... (not sure how the slash class is any diferent than the
1/10 Electric stock,) except the scale looking bodies!

I am in the same boat with the AD1that I have all the parts new in a bag waiting to turn it into a AD2..............

As far as races that are geared to 1/8th...?? Ihave not seen that as much.... Most have been half ass tracks that don't support the 1/8th as they are too big!....
Funny how that works, because there is soo much farm land out here, but NO trackS ????? I don't get it......

I havn't Broke anything except the battery box, and Ireplaced that with a Alluminum and have had ZERO issues since....
I had been waiting to brake stuff on it, but that hasn't happened ( then Iwould switch over to the AD2 gear)

Now that it is beeing Disct.....I might as well get it on and run it......

I saw that there was a ROAR upgrade to the AD2 but why do that when Ihave the other chassis stuff brand new ???

Hear is my scenario......

1. I take ALL my vehicles to EVERYRACE>...... 1/8th Nitro buggy, 1/10th nitro truck , 1/10th Electric truck...It was only stock last year ( that class was dead)
but perhaps with all the electric rage, Icould go with a stock and modified truck!......I have yet to race this year,so no idea.....

I do not like to sit very long at a racing event so I can race just one class, sometimes 3-hours between a race, if you only race one class......NO sense to me....
I race them all..........

The whole idea of letting LIPO and Brushless entries into the stock racing, has been a shocker for me.....
Know I have to get rid of my 160$ lathe!!!! AHHHHHH....

Old 06-08-2009, 10:19 PM
kochj

I also picked up some alum. srew set for the xxx-nt so it will work on the ad1-2......
I also picked up some Ti-screws for a 1/10 Tamiya (both were close out prices so I couldn't resist)

So that sould make it even lighter!.....