Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HELP!!! POssible water damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:57 PM
rustler1882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! POssible water damage

So i was just bashing around with my nitro rustler and couldn't steer clear of a SMALL puddle it went thru it and as I was tryin to pull out it stop - throttle and steering stopped responding. I immediatly ran over and shut it off. I disconnected the battery box and wiped down everything the got a little wet. After reconnecting everything I went to turn it on again. Once I hit the switch the steering moves and so does the throttle so I know both servo's are ok but there is no response from the radio transmitter - no turning and no throttle movement! HELP! IS it possible that little water damaged the transmitter or even worse destroyed it??? ANy help greatly appreciated and if there is anything I can do time sensitive please let me know asap! Thanks -
rustler1882

Old 06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
usa98030

Default RE: HELP!!! POssible water damage

Just blow on the reciever and try to get all the water out because sometimes it makes the servos glitch. Dont use an air compressor cause that will probably shove it in farther!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 PM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

Wait wait wait, whats the problem? You say the steering and throttle move but then you say there is no movement.... Do you mean they twitch a little when you turn it on but they don't respond to the transmitter?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i run boats quite often and when my reciever gets wet from a turnover i just take it apart and let it dry for at least 24 hours, and then bam it works again
Old 06-08-2009, 10:59 PM
jbates14760

You could try and use the old cell pone trick... Place it in a ziplock bag full of rice. the rice will draw out the water.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:45 PM
MonsterKawi314
My Feedback: (1)

Easy... disassemble the screws off the bottom of the receiver to open it up. Hit it with contact cleaner or electronic spray. This will remove water by blowing it out and the electronic cleaner will evaporate. Or use a blow dryer on the lowest heat setting and lowest blower setting. Should be ok so long as the water doesn't sit in it too long.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
rustler1882

Thanks!!!! So much guys - I disassembled the transeiver and used a blow dryer - 15min later BAM it works! Ha i was so freaked out cause I hear how to avoid water at all possible. Yea the servo's would "twitch" when Iflipped the switch but no response from the hand held unit when i'd hit the throttle or turn the steering. But drying it out work. Thanks again for all your help